January 2007 ROTM - QuickSilveR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 2007 ROTM - QuickSilveR

I am very happy to introduce our ROTM winner this month. We are bringing in the new year with a bang with QuickSilveR as the winner. He has an unique car with a setup to die for. I'll be first in line for a car like this. I'd like to be the first to stand up and applaud you for your time, efforts, and results with this car.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Engine Modifications:

1.25" Stainless Radiator Hoses
    1.5" Stainless Wastegate Dump
    2.5" Stainless Intercooler Piping
    3" Stainless Dump Pipe & Exhaust
    4" Air Filter
    4" Stainless Intake
    550CC Injectors
    600X300X76 FMIC
    Billet Alloy Fuel Rail
    Custom Alloy Radiator
    Custom Exhaust Manifold
    Custom Fuel Filter
    Custom Power Steering Setup
    Hidden Engine Bay Harness
    Rebuilt BPT Engine
    GTR Intake Manifold
    Garret GT2876R Ball Bearing Turbo
    GTR Connecting Rods
    Wiseco 40 over Forged Pistons
    Malpassi Fuel Regulator
    Microtech LT8S
    NGK Platinum Spark Pluggs
    Ported Head
    Speedflow Braided Lines and Fittings
    Stainless Overflow bottle
    Turbosmart Supersonic BOV
    Turbosmart Ultra Wastegate
    Walbro 500 HP Fuel Pump

Drivetrain:

B6T FWD G-Series Gearbox
    Infini LSD Diff with axles
    NPC Heavy Duty Clutch
    PAR Straight Cut 3rd Gear

Suspension Modifications:

Urethane Bushings
    Racing Logic Adjustable Coilovers
    Stainless Steel Front Strut Brace

Brakes:

Braided Brake Lines
    GTX Calipers
    Slotted Rotors

Interior Modifications:

Autometer Ultralite A/F Guage
    Autometer Ultralite Boost Guage
    Autometer Ultralite Oil Pressure Guage
    Autometer Ultralite Oil Temp Guage
    Autometer Ultralite Volts Guage
    Autometer Ultralite Water Temp Guage
    AVCR Electronic Boost Control
    Custom Dash Console
    Fire Extinguisher
    GTX Bucket Seats
    Mazda Etude Dash Center
    Microtech Dash
    Momo Evo Gear Knob
    Momo Net Steering Wheel
    Odyssey 800 Dry Cell Battery
    Sparco Black 4 Point Harness

Stereo:

JVC Head Unit
    6.5 Kevlar Splits

Exterior Modifications:

Custom Front Bumper
    Custom Rear Bumper
    Side Skirts
    Personalized Plates
    Custom Orange Paint
    De-Badged and Shaved body

Wheels and Tires:

17" Viper Star Finn Rims
    205/40/17 Silverstone Evo 8 Tires

About me and the Car:

I'm 25 years old and work an office job. I also live in Australia but was born in South Africa and lived there until 2000. I have had my laser now for about 5 years. It started its life as a Stock Ford Laser 1.6 litre turbo 4WD KE TX3 (made in Japan by Mazda).

I started by adding bodykit bits and some 17" Wheels (current wheels), along with a stereo. The 1.6 litre engine was giving me grief so I then did an engine Conversion to a BPT (Still 4WD). I was running the current FMIC and a VF10 Hybrid, Exahust etc. After blowing up to many 4WD boxes I converted the car to FWD and welded up my manifold and Dump to take a Subaru setup (being VF12 full turbo). I then ran a VF22 turbo after this with both using a Microtech ECU. Both setups were running low 13sec passes down the 1/4 and making over 200HP at the wheels.

Before the FWD conversion, however, I decided to strip the whole car down and get rid of the white/grey 2tone. I painted the whole car in a custom Orange/Gold Peal along with a new rearbar and some smoothing. I've since now repainted the engine bay and painted the whole interior 2PAC as well (removing the rear seat and stereo).

I now drive a 2001 Subaru Forrester GT in black that I've modded up. The laser is now a spare car i use for fun and racing.

I went ahead and changed to a new Garret GT2876R turbo with external wastegate; rebuilding the whole engine myself with forged bits and a headflow. I believe the whole car is now complete with a nutz engine, styling interior and exterior. The only thing I would like is some nice deep dish black rims, black tint, and some bucket seats.

The car current is setup for low 12sec 1/4 passes running over 300HP at the front wheels on 20psi. Future plans is to up this boost.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Wow, sick car man!

Well deserving of ROTM, and a great way to start the '07.

Any videos of the car in action? I'd love to see that.

Comment

That car is a good way to start off a new year!
      Very nice job on building an awsome machine!
      1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

ho.ly.****.

Comment

congrats
          91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

hawt!

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
            1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
            1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
            1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
            1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

I luv being right on what car to choose for rotm. Your car is sick man. Great work with every aspect of it. Definetly post up some vids if you have any.

So close again steve.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

damn sir...very nice quicksilver.
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thanks guys. Great to get some recognition.

I've got a couple of videos at the Drags, Skidpan and on the Dyno. I'll try get some up.

End of this month I am going to see how it goes out on the track with the new Coil Overs. Looking foward to the back straight against some exotic cars
                  1987 Ford Laser TX3 4WD with BPT FWD LSD
                  GT2876R, Turbosmart Ultragate, Weisco Forged Pistons, GTR Conrods, Race Flowed Head, HPC Tube Manifold, GTR Plenum, 550cc RX7 Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Infini LSD Diff, Straight Cut PAR 3rd Gear, FMIC, 4" Intake etc.
                  320HP at 24psi Pump Fuel & 12.5 @ 122mph Street Tyres

Comment

Note: None of those pics above (except newer engine bay pics) show the coil overs......it can now be slammed on the ground

GT2876R, Turbosmart Ultragate, Weisco Forged Pistons, GTR Conrods, Race Flowed Head, HPC Tube Manifold, GTR Plenum, 550cc RX7 Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Infini LSD Diff, Straight Cut PAR 3rd Gear, FMIC, 4" Intake etc.

Comment

More pictures!!!
                      1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Some Old pics from boostcruising.com website.

Comment

Comment

drooling.

Comment

I'm still trying to pry myself away from the pics. Did you miss any part of the car? By what I see I don't think so. Great work.
                              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                              X