Instrument Clusters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Clusters

I'm trying to figure out if a cluster from a 2002 Protege without the tach will fit in a 2003 Protege5 with the tach.
    The reason I'm trying to find this out is, I bought a set of the indiglo gauges and when I was installing them, I broke one of the needles. The dealership wants $400 for a new cluster. I found one off of ebay but it doesn't have the tach so I was going to add a 5" tach on the dash. Please let me know something.
    Last edited by customprotege; 11-23-2003, 01:10 PM.
    [

Yes, it'll physically fit. I couldn't tell you about the wiring though.
    -Kevin
    -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
    -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
    -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
    -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
    -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

welcome to the club of
      "broken clusters"!!!!

it burns man, i know,

i just bought the new cluster and made sure
      i don't fuk with that **** anymore

it "should" fit, but i don't know about the wiring too

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

To tell you the truth, I really wasn't that made that I had broke the gauge. I though that I could just go to Mazda and get them to repair it. Boy was I wrong. When they told me that I would have to buy a whole new cluster for $400, that's when I blew up.
        [

Comment

lol yeah i never wanted to do it, like i said before i hate little **** like that, not to mention i dont like them.
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Just to let you people know, I did buy the gauge cluster without the tach. I will be putting it in when I get it and will let you know if it works or not. I hope it does b/c I really want to get a new tach for my dash. I love the look of them.
            [

Comment

the look of what??? one of those uber big monster tachs???? (shudders)
              Last edited by THEGOLDPRO; 11-28-2003, 07:42 AM.
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

No, the look out of the rear window when I'm passing you up. Yes "THE BIG UBER MONSTER TACH".
                [

Comment

Big useless tachs = big stupid rice.

Glad you love the look of them.

Don't forget the chrome fire extingusher for the a-pillar.

~HH

Comment

No, my car is done in blue, so I'd have to get the blue one.
                    [

Comment

yeah man, keep us up to date
                      if it fits or not without the tach
                      and beware of the mileage of the new speedometer
                      that you purchased because it will be different
                      than the one you have
                      the mileage is stored on the cluster it self
                      so, before you take it out, make sure you get the miles down
                      hope it goes well

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Yeah, I knew about that. Mine has about 11,000 and the new one has about 6,000. Thanks, and I will keep this updated.
                        [

Comment

If you're using that tach properly, it's not rice at all. An aftermarket tach (Autometer, VDO, etc, just not APC or something cheap like that) Is going to give you a wider view and span of your RPMs, and therefore be more precise than the stock tach. Also, when you're racing (track type) the stock tach isn't in exactly the best position to glance at and then back at the road. I had a 5" tach back when I had my 88 Mustang GT and it worked MUCH better than factory, gave me more precise readouts, and was easier to extract information from right away when I needed it.

Comment

tach's arent ricey!!!! i mean as long as it' not ur hood ornament ur in fine shape!!! lol
                            "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Aftermarket tachs can look great in a car if done right. I plan on putting a 3 3/4" tach in the air vent above the radio.

Comment

Working...
                              X