makein' the switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

makein' the switch

after boreing day of trying to get my beat 93 protege running i realized it just isn't happenin, the alternator is shot, i have a new one but it ended in the trunk of my 240 which my roomate had for the week. after getiing it running it would die out over and over. this happened about 3 times so i gave up, stupid alternator, anyway, thats not what my story is about. being frustrated my friend and i decided to drive to the town over to check out the giant line of junk/used cars availible b/c he though he saw a 95 RX7, but not. after scowering about 5 used car lots we came to martys used auto, full of very very very nice cars, BMW's Mercedees, and all kinds of hondas and **** that had been pimped out and then each one wrecked. driving around the back of there ****ty little workshop a little mazda caught my eye. indeed it was the excat same mazda as i own now, but not exactly. it only has 100,000 miles on it, its gray (not stupid teal) and it is in absolutely mint!!! shape. a DX unfortuniutely but i can still live with that. well, long story short ill take it. im going down tomorrow for a test drive and if its al kosher then shes mine, only 1000$ bucks to. its not pimped out like all the others though, the boss informed me he had gotten it for his son as a starter car, but his son went with a BMW M3 (lucky bastard) but now, unlike my other protege, i have a very nice, rust free, miles free car to start my project named P2 (for protege #2, clever, not really) i cant wait for the fresh zoom-zoom feeling again!
    2x 93 Protege DX's
    1 gray - my soon to be project car!
    1 teal - for sale (cheap!!)

Cool, what r you gonna do with the old protege?

Comment

dont quite know.....

im not sure exactly what im doing with the old one, probebely put it up for sale. but i do want to take the grill from mine and transplant into the new one. the newer one just says mazda offset to the right a bit, while my old one is the mazda symbol right in the middle, i kinda like that one better.....
      2x 93 Protege DX's

Comment

Is your old one a LX? You should swap the motor over to the new one if it is, unless of course the engine is ****.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

nope

Nope, the old one is a DX as well....
          2x 93 Protege DX's

Comment

"indeed it was the exact same mazda as i own now, but not exactly"

Huh???????????????????

I'm just kidding. I know it's the mileage and color you're talking about. Good luck.

Comment

good luck with the new ride.i had a bit of the same luck yesterday myself. while i was driven my bus route monday i past a used car lot a saw what i thought was a mazda. so when i was done i back to see.it was a 94 dx in beter shape then mine but a auto. but for 2300 not bad i could always swap my trans. so i'm going this weekend to check it out.

Comment

Working...
              X