Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help plss....

hey guys,

im new to this whole protege thing since i just recently purchased 97 protege se. Its the basic of the basics in terms of luxury and thats the reason i bought it. theres new keyless entry, no power locks, no ac, (and get this) no vanity mirror! (ha!). i mainly purchased it so i can redo the whole car over. as you can tell im a newbie to this whole car thing so i was wondering if you can help me out. i need to purchase a shifter boot and a knob. does anyone know what kind (small or short) of boot fits an 97 se? also..i cant seem to twist the stock knob off..is there some kind of screw under it that i have to work with to take off that knob..i dont want to rip off the stock boot until i really know what to buy and how much...as you can tell..im a student as well..

anybodys help will do..thanks for everything in advance...

My bad, I did not realize you were already here. I replied to your post on the older forum assuming you found that place first.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

To get off the shift knob all you need to do is keep turning it. It may help to get the knob off if you disconnect the boot first then continued to screw it off. You can do this without hurting the boot and it will be able to reconnect to the center console part a flat head screw driver will help you get the rubber tabs to get them to go into the slots
      real drivers accelerate for the corners

Comment

Working...
      X