mazda Front Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mazda Front Clip

Im Looking For a Full Front clip for my 1993 Mazda Protege Lx, I wanna Drive on the right hand side of the car instead of the left hand side, or can i redo it my self im a pretty good fabricator. and is it easy to do by myself
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2520103
    Pardon Tigers Looks But Shes, Gorgeous in my eyes.
    5spd Out of a 1993 Mazda 323 LX
    Stock Dohc 1.8 (BPO5-8-1)
    Stock Flywheel off a 1993 Mazda 323 LX
    Stock Clutch kit off a 1993 Mazda MX3 SOHC 1.8(??)

I just want to let you know that driving on the right hand side of the car WILL NOT make you go faster. It will also make it harder to go through drive through windows and draw attention from the police.

Comment

hahaha, thats actually funny there mike. racerboy, no idea how hard it would be. I know you'll have to cut the firewall out technically the rest could stay. you'll need all the coversion parts, in all honesty youd be better off importing one for cheaper.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

There's a place in Florida you can get them, but I'm not sure their name. E-mail some of the people on ebay selling half cuts and see if they could get you one.
        Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

raceup?
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

just import the whole damn car and do a vin swap...:D

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass View Post
              It will also make it harder to go through drive through windows
              unless your me, and only eat fast food at checkers
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I have been looking into the swap. it's for sure possible and probably would take a week. And a TIG welder is a must almost.

I am thinking of just stayin LHD after all the research.
                Drew
                '95 EGT 1.8
                T
                '93 ELX 1.9 SC
                '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Skuce, you were looking into doing a front clip swap? for the price of the clip+labour you could buy a JDM BG GTX and just drive that, your in Canada so your allowed lol

Comment

There is a shop here in South Carolina that will import an entire front clip from a JDM '90-'94 GTX for around $1500 if anyone was really interested. They'll get the whole car and even do the legal wrangling for you to get it titled if that's your intention. They have legalized at least a dozen skylines, several Integra's and even a Pulsar GTi-R.

Comment

post more info

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                        post more info
                        What would you like to know?
                        http://www.rimsandthings.com

This is their site, and I'll be happy to get more info , just tell me what you want to know.

Comment

even if they brought a whole car and titled it, theres no way you could register it in the US, right?

Comment

Yea cause you need more than just a fire wall to do the conversion. The rack/pinion is different, the brake master cyl is different, brake lines, engine harness and steering column, etc....
                            1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Proto420 View Post
                              Yea cause you need more than just a fire wall to do the conversion. The rack/pinion is different, the brake master cyl is different, brake lines, engine harness and steering column, etc....
                              Which is why good 'ol rims and things is great, because they sell the entire front end if yo want it. They just cut it across the floor at the B-pillar and at the a-pillar/base of the windshield. They told me I could get an entire front clip for about $1500. Or somewhere thereabouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X