929 trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

929 trans

does any one know if there is a manual 929 trans? and will the 3.0V6 (JFT V6 Turbo from corksport) and trans from a 929 fit in a first gen?
    93 pro w/ rigged intake, resignator back 2 1/2 inch exhaust (no muffler) and a alpha otto single deck wing, blackout tails, clear corners, silvania ultra bright white halogens, blue plate lights, blue washer led's, 2 1/2" fogs

that's not really gonna fit, sorry
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

was it RWD or FWD though?

Comment

im pretty sure the 929 is fwd, if its like the mellinia it is, and if the 3.0 wont fit will the 2.5V6 (KL-ZE) out of a 626 fit?
        Last edited by dodgersmith2003; 11-25-2003, 01:07 AM.
        93 pro w/ rigged intake, resignator back 2 1/2 inch exhaust (no muffler) and a alpha otto single deck wing, blackout tails, clear corners, silvania ultra bright white halogens, blue plate lights, blue washer led's, 2 1/2" fogs

Comment

Yes, actually, the KL-ZE will fit, I think you need a bunch of parts from the V6 MX-3 to help out

Comment

cool what trans and ecu would i need tho, what all is involved in the swap?

Comment

For the KL-ZE you'll want the tranny from an MX-6 V6, or Probe GT, and possibly even the MX-3 V6. They are the G-series trannies, much like what we have in our Pro LX, but I believe the bell housing is different, so they wouldn't bolt right up.

You'll also want the ECU from the KL-ZE. If you live in an area with emissions testing, you might need the intake manifold from the KL-D engine (the non-jdm KL engine).

You'll need a front crossmember from the V6 MX-3, too. And probably the axles to match the tranny. A couple people on here have done the swap.
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
                For the KL-ZE you'll want the tranny from an MX-6 V6, or Probe GT, and possibly even the MX-3 V6. They are the G-series trannies, much like what we have in our Pro LX, but I believe the bell housing is different, so they wouldn't bolt right up.

You'll also want the ECU from the KL-ZE. If you live in an area with emissions testing, you might need the intake manifold from the KL-D engine (the non-jdm KL engine).

You'll need a front crossmember from the V6 MX-3, too. And probably the axles to match the tranny. A couple people on here have done the swap.
                ae you talking about a tranny swap or a whole engine swap??? iirc a tranny will have nothing to do with emissions. and an ecu will only factor if you have an automatic tranny.

the Transmission found on the f2t engine (2.2L turbo) is a "G" tranny. i think they might bolt together but i am not certian.
                When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                So his engine he goosed
                With much too much boost,
                And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

BTW, the 929 was rear wheel drive.
                  Mik

2002 Protege Silver LX 2.0
                  1990 Protege Black GTX
                  http://members.cardomain.com/promik

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                    ae you talking about a tranny swap or a whole engine swap??? iirc a tranny will have nothing to do with emissions. and an ecu will only factor if you have an automatic tranny.

the Transmission found on the f2t engine (2.2L turbo) is a "G" tranny. i think they might bolt together but i am not certian.
                    "im pretty sure the 929 is fwd, if its like the mellinia it is, and if the 3.0 wont fit will the 2.5V6 (KL-ZE) out of a 626 fit?"

I assumed he was asking about the whole engine swap.
                    Dan
                    dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by Mik
                      BTW, the 929 was rear wheel drive.
                      I thought it was, though I couldn't really find that info anywhere. It looked a lot like the FWD Millenia though...hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                        I thought it was, though I couldn't really find that info anywhere. It looked a lot like the FWD Millenia though...hmm.
                        It is RWD.
                        The "new" GTO and the last generation pontiac Grand Prixes look the same too but one's front and one's rear.
                        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

yes i was talkin bout the engine, btw is there any other engines that would fit in the pro?

Comment

ok, i just finished reading your last thread, i too have been 160mph, and noone believes me either... as to other engines, go to search and type in "GTR" or "GTX"

skr33t_rac3r2, oh ya, you got competition.
                            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgersmith2003
                              yes i was talkin bout the engine, btw is there any other engines that would fit in the pro?
                              the 2.5L KL-ZE, and the 1.8 BP-ZET are the only engine swaps i have heard of. the 2.2L F2T will fit but it is a little more work.
                              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                              So his engine he goosed
                              With much too much boost,
                              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Working...
                              X