Grattan MI First Track Day date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grattan MI First Track Day date

I just received an email for the first date at Grattan.

First event will be Friday May 4th 07. Price is upped to $165 this year.

There will be 4 events

First and last will be cars only (45 total)

The middle 2 wil be split for cars and bikes (30 cars and 15 bikes)

I will update the other event dates when I find them out.

PM me if you are interested... I will give you contact information.

Make sure you get lots of pictures to share.

Comment

*wink*

Of course.

Comment

what type of track? rally, autox, drag?
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by Grattan Site
          The picturesque road course is 2 miles long with several unique and challenging corners. It is considered to be one of the finest courses in America. Some of its features include a 3,200 foot straightaway, a 160 degree hairpin turn and a downhill reverse camber turn. If you can master Grattan, you can race anywhere.

Link to Grattan

Grattan is an awesome track, my favorite of the 3 road courses I have been on so far.

Located not far from Grand Rapids, Michigan.

A link to photos from last year.
          First visit.

Second visit

For the $165 you get 8 sessions on the track of 20 min each. Lunch is included with price. Thee will be some classroom talk available in the morning with instructor ride alongs if wanted (instructor in your passenger seat). Passing will be only on the main straight with a point by from the car that will be passed (the point means it is ok for you to pass and the front car sees you). It has been a really good group of people that comes out to these events. Advanced drivers get to pass on both straights if advanced group agrees.

Car requirements...No floor mats, nothing loose inside the car or outside. no leaks.

Safety gear.... Helmet I think it needs to be snell 95 or newer but I don't think this group is that picky. Seat belts, and thats about it.

Comment

crazy... loooks like fun if you can afford to replace the brakes after each time
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
              crazy... loooks like fun if you can afford to replace the brakes after each time
              Buy some lifetime warranted pads, I went with the PFC Carbon Metallic.... Kill them and swap them out... The bigger cost is the tires... I went thru 4 sets of tires last summer between 2 cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Grav1ty View Post
                The bigger cost is the tires... I went thru 4 sets of tires last summer between 2 cars.
                Holy ****balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
                  Holy ****balls.

Yeah... I killed the Kuhmo slicks, and the Azenis 615's on the Scort, and a set of Handcook's and some noname all season tires on the Protege. The nonames worked great for the rallycross. My brother went thru all the tires sitting at Bell Tire and found the largest tread block all season tires they had. They kept me legal for stock class and tore up the dirt. I think I finished off a set of Hakkapeliitta snowies as summer hit also.

Tires hate me....

This photo is of the 615's, which were only a couple weeks old here. After a couple of 15 minute sessions on Waterford Hills Racetrack. I got about 5000 miles total out of them.

Comment

Haha, wow. That must get expensive.

Comment

HOLY ****! I just found this and its less than an hour away from me and I might have a car by then! When's the registration deadline?
                      Fast, cheap, reliable: pick two.

1992 Mercury Capri XR2 130xxx miles SOLD

1990 Honda Civic SI
                      186k 10:1 hybrid motor
                      d16 on 10 pounds will turn ya out.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry this event for May 4th is full and there is a waiting list.

There will be 3 more events put on by this group. I will post the info when the dates are announced. The next 2 will be 30 cas and 15 bikes, so the car part should fill up fast. Other groups put on events there.

I will post all the track days in the area. Would be nice to meet some people from the board at a track.

There are 4 dates at Waterford Hills near Pontiac.

Here is the schedule for the Waterford Hills Open Track Days for this year:

Saturday April 28
                        Saturday May 19
                        Sunday June 10
                        Sunday October 14

Fees for this year will be as follows:

Pre-paid (WHRRI Members) - $100
                        Pre-paid (Non-Members) - $125
                        At the door (everyone) - $150

The events will be posted on MyAutoEvents soon.

I will try to hit all 4 of them at Waterford, and most of the Grattan ones as well.

Edson

Comment

w00t!!!

That was a FUN day!!

--sarge

Comment

Working...
                          X