Clear All

1995 MX-3 RS turbo (BP) 56K BEWARE

Here is the kit that I ordered from http://importperformanceparts.net/

Shot of the whole kit

Oil pump

83.5mm, 8.5:1 compression pistons

Bearings and random gasket kits

Timing belt and HKS SSQV bov

I will post more as I get the parts and some pics of the other parts I already have.

Jeff

Shop 506-577-6708
    cell 506-381-3503
    email danny@jdracing.ca

damn it's like christmas all over again hahaha. awesome!! i love the look of fresh new parts..us poor folks need to deal with rust hahaha
    Originally posted by 90prtege
    have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
    Originally posted by Turpro
    Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
    CRZbrussian: that sux
    CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
    CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Thanks, it did feel like Christmas all over again.

Here are some pics of the head. Machined at R & D Performance in Truro

Shop 506-577-6708
      cell 506-381-3503
      email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

truro...are you from nova scotia?

Comment

yup. Stellarton, Pictou County, NS, Canada

Shop 506-577-6708
          cell 506-381-3503
          email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Nice stuff... looks like my collection. LoL

Looks like they slightly ported your head... but did they take care of the short radius and make it smooth and take out the casting line?... that's the most important part of the the porting.

Also, do your pistons have the cut out at the bottom of the skirt for the oil squirter?... I was told that that non-Flying Miata Wiseco's don't have the cut out.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
            Member of MX-3.com
            1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
            1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

gonna be sweet when its together
              91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

I can't wait to get this together.

Shades, my pistons don't have the cut-out. I went and checked after you mentioned it. How can I fix this? If there is more than one way to fix it, what is the easiest and best way to do it?

Thanks for the comments so far.

Shop 506-577-6708
                cell 506-381-3503
                email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

You can try grind it out yourself... but where do you put it? That's the question... also if you grind it out yourself you'll throw off the balancing of the pistons (as in the weight). If you can get an accurate scale, then sure you can do it yourself.

One thing to do is to take to a respectible machine shop to grind out for you and weigh...

Member of MX-3.com

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

Comment

I also heard that there was a way you could re-angle the squirters so you can use the wiseco pistons. Any truth to that, if there is, how do you do it?

If I have to cut the pistons, I am not doing it myself. I didn't have the rotating mass balanced yet and I won't be until I figure this out and get my new rods.

Thanks for any input.

Shop 506-577-6708
                    cell 506-381-3503
                    email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

I don't know how to reangle the squirters.

I do know that the Wiseco's are already balanced and you don't need to get that balanced... unless you cut it.

If you go with some good performance rods too... then probably you won't need to get that balanced.

I have Wiseco pistons, Carrillo rods, SPEC flywheel and clutch... so the only thing I had to balanced was my crank.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

Oil squirter cut out? What exactily are you saying? That the squirter will physically touch the bottom of the piston? I cant see that happening.. I have a stock bp piston and a wiseco in front of me and there isnt any more clearance in the bp piston as there is in the wiseco. The look almost the same. I dont know if this is an issue with the miata people but I have never heard of it before.. If it does become a problem there are more ways around it then risking ruining a very expensive piston. Isnt a banjo fitting that attaches the squirter to the block? What about a few washers in there to lower it down, Or even cut a bit off the squirter so its not so long. I tell ya though.. it is not a concern of mine at all. Its a very small unlikely problem with simple solutions. So dont sweat it. Dont cut your pistons!
                        93 MX-3
                        BP, Wiseco Pistons, Pauter Rods, Haltech E6X, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing, 3 inch turbo back exhaust, Bully Six puck clutch

"Jesus, its raining out! I cant get traction in this!!!"

Comment

Never updated in a long while. Still getting the final parts together. Here is what I got in the last little while.

Innovate Wideband O'2 sensor and controller

Walbro 255lph HP and in tank kit

Precision 780cc injectors

80A polyfilled motor mounts

Turbo manifold with external wastegate, from ETDracing.com in Toronto

Spec Stage 3 clutch

Intercooler piping (2.5" mandrel bent)

Exhaust piping (3" mandrel bent)

Exhaust stuff

3" in/out Flowmaster Deltaflow 50 series muffler

Turbo flange for the downpipe

3" in/out Flexpipe

3" in/out highflow cat

3" in/out resonator

Laptop and standalone ECU (Megasquirt N' Spark)

I will try to keep it updated better than I did.

Shop 506-577-6708
                          cell 506-381-3503
                          email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

What rods are you using?

Comment

Wow. That's all I have to say. Do you have a link to the site you got the exaust manifold from? Good luck on the build. Should be hella fun after its broke in. Did you ever get the oil squirter deal figured out? If so what did you do?
                              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                              X