Rebuild of my bp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuild of my bp

The re build of my BP has begun today Feb 15/07! Pulled the oil pan, pulled the valve cover.. Went to pull the head and relized i need 12Pt sockets for it, I think its about a 13mm if diff plz pass the message on to me. I will start getting pics of it being pullen a part and put together..
    I am Using an Ebay Gaskit kit(has all seals), that contains almost everything i need.. THen have to still buy some rings,bearings,oil, all that fun kinda stuff to do a decent rebuild. plz leave your thoughts.

Kit im using, If you wanted to know, ive heard some good things about this kit and company..ebay link

Trevor.

Hey man, i have the same gasket kit! haha, i got it in a couple weeks ago, seems to be nice! Only cost me like $75 shipped. Can't complain there.

As for your pistons and rings, best bet is just to call around, the cheapest i've heard SO FAR is $130 retail. I think there's someone on the club selling 9:1 c/r pistons with rings and wrist pins for $100ish...check in the f/s section.

If you need any help just hit me up on msn. I'm gonna have to rebuild one of my 2 BPs in the next month or so, if the one doesn't pop, i'll rebuild my 323s BP.

Also don't forget about engine assembly lube, I believe REDLINE is the best for that. Also get yourself a torque bar!

JACK.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Pulled The head off today, Took the pistons out,pulled the crank, bear block now, Pistons look in really good shape,Rings were decent, Engine only had a 150K kms on it. Needs some cleaning tho.Head is going to need a good cleaning.

I should be have a new head someitme here that i boguht of "myprotige" or something like that, But I dunno when its going to arrive..

Pictures to come after cleaning.

Comment

dissasembly is fun, I as well picked up the same gasket kit, i've got some arpr head studs to go along with it
        those 9:1 pistons that were for sale should be on their way to me
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Alright, What gaskit is this, Cant seem to find where it goes.. maybe for a 2nd gen?
          Attached Files

Comment

looks like the intake manifold gasket where the two parts meet. not the one that goes in between the block and intake manifold, but the one that goes into between the two pieces of the actual intake manifold, cuz the intake manifold will come apart.
            Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

I would really go with an OEM gasket for the important gaskets like the head ... actually all gaskets for that matter

Comment

pics

Last edited by TREVO123; 02-28-2007, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Nipples! lol Thats one dirty BP, clean that sucker up good!

Comment

i think i've seen that pic over your right sholder before
                    In the Garage
                    Black 93 MX-3 GS
                    Bp powered
                    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

nutz!!! id never self hone my bores. just a re-ring???

nice background poster
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

with the way those bores look a rering is all thats necesary just make sure there is no ridge at the deck
                        mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Ya, We just did the hone to get the glaze off. Umm the rebuild consisted of doing all seals,gaskits, and rings.etc

Comment

More pics, engine is pretty much complete, gotta toss on a disty,t belt,intake mani,exhaust mani,oil pan..Just little things.and toss her in nexted weekend i hope...O well here is some pics.. Painted engine black

Polaished the lettering on valve cover.

Heres my LITTLE HELPER

Comment

not going to use a mbsp? looks good. how hard was it just to hone the walls. i may concider doing mine myself. are you a mechanic?
                              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                              X