X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Alarm? Genius...

As you all know...
    I am poor as sin...
    So I have come up with a temporary idea...

Here is my Thesis:
    I want an alarm... I was doing my bi-weekly walk in Auto Zone one day... I got what I needed to get, and got in line... Of course on the day that I only needed to buy like one thing, the line was hella long. So I started lookin around. My eye caught this red blinking LED light... (to be honest, it was pissin me off)... then POW!!! and idea hit? I bought that thing for like a dollar or something... Ok Here it is:

You know on the DX First Gen Models... where the Power mirror controls would be? Yeah... there is that little 1.5"x1.5" panel that can be removed at will if you ever really needed to. Well... I figure thay little piece would be easily replaced if my idea dont work... but regardless.. I want to take that piece out and drill a hole in it... Sand/cut down the pieces in the back of it and place the little red LED through the hole... Bammmmm Meeners "broke, and cant afford a viper alarm" Alarm... I mean... you dont have the actual air horn or siren noises, but I think it would work? Dont you think...

I mean, there aint nothing to steal in my car anyway I dont have a stereo... just my factory tape deck... and for those of you that dont have enough to buy a MP3 capapble head unit... Do what I do... If you have a lot of MP3 music buy yourself a CREATIVE JUKEBOX (10GB, or 20GB... whatever) I have the 6GB one I bought from my friend for 50 bucks, holds about 1500 songs at about 4mb per song ... get some cheap 5.25" speakers, an old Portable CD Player Car Kit and your set!!! Detachable MP3 Capable Head Unit, AND Car Alarm... You can't Beat it... you just cant.. ha ha ha...

Forgive my cheapness... I know JProtege understands...

Ameener's $1.99 Car Alarm System
    Attached Files
    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Creative Jukebox 10GB - Painted Two-Tone Blue Purple
    Attached Files

Comment

wow, you cheap ****! lol, just hope you figure out someway to turn that thing off while it's not .. errr.. 'armed'. lol! i've done this before with some parts from radio shack and a torn out car alarm that came with my car when i got it. needless to say, couldn't find a remote for the alarm that was butchered into my car, so i tore the siren out and hooked everything else back up so i had a nice constantly blinking led light. has since been removed and i just depend on the faith of good people to NOT to steal my stereo out of my car. eh, at anyrate, nice job
      peace

Comment

my little red light, for that chip thing that makes it so the car wont start, looks like an alarm. people always ask why i bought an alarm wirth more than my car?
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

I've always thought that the blinking LED might be a sufficient detterent without the alarm system that goes with it. Best I figure most people don't even look over when they hear a car alarm anyways... so unless you spend the dough for one of the ones that has a pager thingy it's not worth having it. At least if you have to park your car out of your own ear shot (like I do)....

One of these days I think I'll put a blinking LED in as well... just have it wired so that when I turn the car on it goes off.
          --JJB--
          '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
          Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
          16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
          15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
          Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

How about THE CLUB! Annoying to take on and off, I know.

Comment

Re: Fake Alarm? Genius...

Originally posted by XxToKeSxX
              You know on the DX First Gen Models... where the Power mirror controls would be? Yeah... there is that little 1.5"x1.5" panel that can be removed at will if you ever really needed to....
              that's where my LED is, but it's hooked up to a real alarm.
              Tito Cruz
              '94 Pro DX
              Cali Air National Guard - 163rd ARW

Comment

It's an old trick, any FLASHING LED can be used, must be flashing. (yes, there are non flashing ones)

The red wire goes to 12v CONSTANT power and the black wire goes to the IGNITION wire. Must be true ignition (mian harness under dash)

How does this work you ask?.... well the IGNITION wires goes from 12v when the key is on, to ground when the key is off. So it ONLY flashes when the key is off and stares at you blankly when your drivin.

Comment

Well here is the thing yall.... I dont think Im gonna have any wires involved... Check it...

Ok... the thing I bought is battery operated... just those small watch batteries... If I wanted to turn it off for now.. I would just take the batteries out .... On the other hand...

I was considering going to radio shack... follow me man.. Im goin somewhere with this... he he... And buying one of those little battery compartments... for like one or two AAA's... and wiring that onto the led... with my rechargable batteries... that way... I wouldnt have to keep replacing the batteries... God... Being cheap is so Gravy...

Speaking of Gravy... Yall have a Great Holiday... Happy Thanksgiving... Peace...

Comment

Originally posted by mannydingo
                    How about THE CLUB! Annoying to take on and off, I know.
                    The CLUB is worthless.... If someone were to really dig that low and steal my 1500 dollar car... all they would need to do is cut the steering wheel... Peace Ride...

[B] Kiddx, where do you get that contraption that doesn't allow your car to start... I waaaant one... "

Comment

The CLUB is worthless.... If someone were to really dig that low and steal my 1500 dollar car... all they would need to do is cut the steering wheel... Peace Ride...
                      Uhhh, a flashing LED is not gonna bust homeboy in the chops neither

Kiddx, where do you get that contraption that doesn't allow your car to start... I waaaant one... "
                      isn't that the BATTCAP? or is that the one that disconnects when the juice gets too low to save enough to start it.

Well here is the thing yall.... I dont think Im gonna have any wires involved... Check it...

Ok... the thing I bought is battery operated... just those small watch batteries... If I wanted to turn it off for now.. I would just take the batteries out .... On the other hand...

I was considering going to radio shack... follow me man.. Im goin somewhere with this... he he... And buying one of those little battery compartments... for like one or two AAA's... and wiring that onto the led... with my rechargable batteries... that way... I wouldnt have to keep replacing the batteries... God... Being cheap is so Gravy...

Speaking of Gravy... Yall have a Great Holiday... Happy Thanksgiving... Peace...
                      I follow man, but dude, that sure is the scenic route...an 8 cent LED and 2 simple connections and you never have to worry about it again....more time to think of other great things to do

Comment

We sell all the good stuff at Radio Shack, lol.
                        I found out how to beat a Honda! Just about anyway you can think of. Even in reverse. <- my buddy Mike: Haha, your Civic is a pile of vtech crap! Zoom-Zoom!

Comment

MazdaRacer was liiiiiiike:
                          I follow man, but dude, that sure is the scenic route...an 8 cent LED and 2 simple connections and you never have to worry about it again....more time to think of other great things to do
                          I think I am just a STD infested PUSSY when it comes to messing with my wires... I have withstanded large amounts of shock when I used to as a kid... I'll probably have to look into that.

Mazdaracer then was liiiiike...
                          Uhhh, a flashing LED is not gonna bust homeboy in the chops neither
                          Your right... I just hope that this little mod is as fun as I think its gonna be... hopefully it doesnt draw people toward it though

I really don't wanna replace another window like last time .... when someone tried and then in aggression dumping my pennies from my ash tray because there was nothing worth to steal except my brand new box of kleenex and my paper burger king bag... with trash in it... HA HA HA HA HA... you get nothing pathetic bastards... do some research before you try and break in things biaaaaaaaaaatch

People like to steal the stuff that I dont have

Comment

withstanded = withstood...

Comment

withstanded = withstood...

There's an edit button, you know
                              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                              X