6g Celica Gt+Accord V6 + me =???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6g Celica Gt+Accord V6 + me =???

i was on a pizza delivery, and heading to my destination. im at a light waiting, and there is a light to my right, about 50 yards down the road. i see a 6th gen celica gt lined up with an accord v6 (1998 or under mabye?) i figure wtf, ill see if i can keep up, assuming that the celica will own the accord. light goes green and they start to gun it but there is another light 100 yards up. theyre waiting there revving on each other, and this celica sounds friggin weak. the accord i cant even hear. i rev mine, and god bless my little protege withs its mean "no really, im fast, i swear" growl. they look out their windows at me, literally both of 3 their heads popping out and looking back at the same time (2 in celica, 1 in accord), the guy in the accord gives the celica guy celica a look, and laughs. ****ers . underestimate me will you . youll see . light goes green after a bit, and the accord eats the celica alive. keep in mind im behind the celica. i think this was a stock car with a rice rocket muffler. by top of 2nd gear the celica is 2 cars back from the accord. im shifting at like 5000 so as not to rearend this kid. **** that . 3rd gear, pump the clutch, middle of 3rd and the celica and i are window to window, i look and them and go his friend is laughing his ass off, and by the top of 3, im well in front of him. get in the celica's lane and slowly catch the accord, bust even at 5 1/2krpm of 4th. he slams the brakes and turns left behind me, then turns into a residential area. ran a red light too. ****er . remember my bumper asshole. i busted a bitch and headed back to the residence im taking the pizza to (thats right, i had a pizza in the car with me, HOT WINGS TOO!) the celica got caught at a yellow light, i imagine he stopped just so as to end the embarasment. i stop at that light and am facing diagonal from them, to ad even more insult i pop my head out the window and then look at the pizza and roll my eyes. hows it feel? . assholes . get a real car .

the pizza was... ok. i had to do a little creative shaping to make it round again but it was still edible. lol, if the pizza it messed up i tell them i had to stop from hitting a cat. my gf drives a 6g celica st (30 hp less) and she tries to race me all the time, shes so cute, so i just keep up with her, but when i gun it she's behind me by mid 2nd. andone know accord v6's hp rating?

Last edited by KiddX; 11-26-2003, 03:50 AM.
    Serenity's Dead.

damn dude, that was awesome

about the accord
    all i know that they are fast as hell
    they can pick up and you don't even know what hit you
    i would say they have about 200 ponies under there
    which then tranlates of maybe 6-7 sec 0-60mph
    they are really not heavy cars, but, have a strong engine too
    i respect them, even the four cylinders

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

weren't the V-6 accords all automatics? might have something to do with it... dunno...
      --JJB--
      '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
      Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
      16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
      15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
      Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

I think the newest coupes had a 6-speed... that would be wicked.
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

my friend owns a 98 ex ( 4 banger tho) but its 5 speed he runs 15.7 quarter mile with all the mods. Thats pretty wuick for a big 4 cyl. car. but i still kill him on my 323...

On a v6 accord u dont want to race him on the freeway cuz there is noway u can even catch up w/ him but off the line may be u can keep up. An yes, 98-02 all v6 are automatics.

I raced a v6 before myself on my 323 i was behind him after we both exited off to the main street right when he got on the straight away i was behind him gunning my car he gave me a good race but on my third i was side by side w/ him i was still gaining but i had to slow down that was the first time i got scared of racing i felt like the road was too narrow or im too close to him or something that scare the **** out of me...

Comment

thats good to know that i actually beat someone because my car was quicker. as for that celica, i saw him today driving, he had his little girlfriend in the car, i looked at him and smiled and he stared straight ahead! AHAHAHAHAH! my friend has a 99 i4 stick and its pretty fast, i might have to race him soon, he had full exhaust and intake, he probably win.

f.y.i.- notice the use or periods in the above paragraph. lol j/k
            Serenity's Dead.

Comment

yea those new accords alot of them are the v-6 240hp they have a 5 speed auto or a six speed manual. DAM FAST like high 13s i think for the six speed
              real drivers accelerate for the corners

Comment

yea the accord had to be a 4 banger.... there is no way a protege would cath a v6 98..... gf has a 99 v6 and she beats my ass so horibbly its not funny... the fastest that I timed it on my watch was about 14.7 or so with a auto in an estimated 1/4

Comment

haha! awseome! i like the no really, im fast, i swear part
                  One day you are born,
                  The next big milestone
                  you discover go zoom-zoom
                  you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Originally posted by labikesrcool
                    yea those new accords alot of them are the v-6 240hp they have a 5 speed auto or a six speed manual. DAM FAST like high 13s i think for the six speed
                    the new accords are the 5-speed auto and 6-speed manual w/ 240 hp. They don't dip into the 13's tho.. they're about low to mid 14's.

The earlier model coupes we're either 4 speed auto/5 speed manual i4's or a v-6 auto. Not very quick, the auto's did about the same as a auto/sport shift lude.

What are some of you guys running in the 1320 btw? And with what mods?
                    -Nim
                    -----------------------------
                    2002 Acura RSX Type S
                    Arctic Blue Pearl
                    OEM Body Skirts
                    OEM Spoiler
                    OEM Fogs
                    Golden Logos
                    Acura Interior Titanium Trim
                    Window Visors
                    Last But Not Least....
                    Trunk Tray and Cargo Net!!!
                    ---
                    Modz: Yes
                    ---
                    NEW: Stage 2 Clutch!

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                      yea the accord had to be a 4 banger.... there is no way a protege would cath a v6 98..... gf has a 99 v6 and she beats my ass so horibbly its not funny... the fastest that I timed it on my watch was about 14.7 or so with a auto in an estimated 1/4
                      theres no way a stock 99 Accord, auto or stick, does anywhere near that. Thats what a stock RSX Type S does, and its 6 speed. My friend has a 98 auto Prelude VTEC with a shot of N20 and he does high 14's. The older v6 accords and auto ludes are about the same.

An auto 1999 Accord EX was clocked in at 16.2 seconds for the 1/4 and it trapped at 86mph. Auto preludes do mid to high 15's.
                      -Nim
                      2002 Acura RSX Type S
                      Arctic Blue Pearl
                      OEM Body Skirts
                      OEM Spoiler
                      OEM Fogs
                      Golden Logos
                      Window Visors
                      Last But Not Least....
                      Trunk Tray and Cargo Net!!!
                      ---
                      Modz: Yes
                      ---
                      NEW: Stage 2 Clutch!

Comment

I'll second that. I had a '98 5-speed. It was a little faster than my Protege stock (1/4 mile), and only a little slower than the V-6. The V-6 has 200hp, but not much torque and the auto sucks up what little there is.

The newer 240hp V-6 Accords are faster, but the autos are low-mid 15 sec cars, and with a good driver, a 6-spd coupe might make the high 14's.

At freeway speeds, my Altima is a good match for a V-6 Accord ('98-'02)....when I leave it in 5th. :D And only up to about 70mph, when I start pulling away (I had a joker try to not let me pass...I couldn't quite pass in 5th, but in 3rd, it wasn't even close).
                        David Avard
                        '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
                        '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
                        '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Davard
                          I'll second that. I had a '98 5-speed. It was a little faster than my Protege stock (1/4 mile), and only a little slower than the V-6. The V-6 has 200hp, but not much torque and the auto sucks up what little there is.

The newer 240hp V-6 Accords are faster, but the autos are low-mid 15 sec cars, and with a good driver, a 6-spd coupe might make the high 14's.

At freeway speeds, my Altima is a good match for a V-6 Accord ('98-'02)....when I leave it in 5th. :D And only up to about 70mph, when I start pulling away (I had a joker try to not let me pass...I couldn't quite pass in 5th, but in 3rd, it wasn't even close).
                          I respect Altimas
                          -Nim
                          2002 Acura RSX Type S
                          Arctic Blue Pearl
                          OEM Body Skirts
                          OEM Spoiler
                          OEM Fogs
                          Golden Logos
                          Window Visors
                          Last But Not Least....