wtb-90-94 mazda protege beater for 24 hours of leMons race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtb-90-94 mazda protege beater for 24 hours of leMons race

team iMazda is looking for a beater to race in the 24 hours of leMons race this summer. can be a dx, but lx is prefered. we have a 500 spending limit. we dont care what it looks like, but it must run decent. the car also needs to be located in california.

thanks for your help,

prakashkamath@yahoo.com

prakash
    ---prakash

Dang I got 2 beaters , but I am on the east coast.
    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

damn, that sucks.
      ---prakash

Comment

have you checked through craigslist? you can usually find a beater in there for real cheap.

hah, I see you're ad in there

couple of those are higher than the $500 limit, but show 'em cash and most cave. That's all I found for cali.
        No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

What's this 24 hours of lemons race you speak of?

Comment

"Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

You know, I was thinking about entering the race this year as well -- but I'll be darned if I'll sacrifice my Protege for it, heh. Good luck finding a crappy one.
              Once upon a time, I had a 1993 Protege LX with about 34,000 miles -- owned by my family since new, got it from my dad two years prior with about 18,000 (and two of the original tires) -- then I gifted it to a friend who needed a car. Now it has come back to me with 55,000 and a smoke-laden interior (plus lots of little broken things), so I'm trying to figure out what to do with it.

Comment

Wow, that sounds like a blast!

Comment

yeah, we're all looking forward to it.

davejay: yeah, no way in hell would we actually use our own cars...the car is not expected to survive.
                  ---prakash

Comment

Working...
                  X