SOHC harness on a BPT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOHC harness on a BPT?

Has anyone used a SOHC wiring harness on a bp26? Looking at the wiring diagrams, it looks like it might work better than one for a BP05. Is the only diffrence between the sohc and the dohc the VICS?
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

I'm running it, works great.

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast View Post
      Has anyone used a SOHC wiring harness on a bp26? Looking at the wiring diagrams, it looks like it might work better than one for a BP05. Is the only diffrence between the sohc and the dohc the VICS?
      and the 4 wire dissy
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Still a whore to convert the harness. I just converted a SOHC harness for alex "tehstocker99" to a gtx compatible.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
          Still a whore to convert the harness. I just converted a SOHC harness for alex "tehstocker99" to a gtx compatible.
          Did you have to run a wire back to the ecu, for the dist? I know the 4th wire for the TPS just goes to the VAF. What else did you have to do? Did you wire in the knock sensor?

Comment

its fully strung for use on a gtx ecu. his SOHC b6 harness had an 8 wire fuel rail harness plug & the 4th disty wire already ran.... alot of mixed up pins tho.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
              its fully strung for use on a gtx ecu. his SOHC b6 harness had an 8 wire fuel rail harness plug & the 4th disty wire already ran.... alot of mixed up pins tho.
              Care to elaborate which pins are mixed up on the sohc harness?? I am curious about this... thanks..

Comment

it varies from each harness. depends which b6 version you got.

Comment

I'm using the B8. The protege SOHC 1.8L. Not the 323 harness

Comment

a few pins should still need to be changed. for fact i know one is the temp sender pin. as it runs into the fuel rail harness on the BP. instead of seperate.

Comment

Working...
                    X