--> 1st Gen Injector Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--> 1st Gen Injector Swap

i was just wonderin what kind of injectors i can use, and if i have to reprogram **** in order to use them? im not realy worried about it right now, but when i get my turbo rebuilt, i know im gonna have to get some then... no way will i be satisfied wit under 10 pounds of boost after ridin in an evo... lol... anybody know bout this? will i need to get new thread tapped in order to get some dsm 550 cc injectors? or do they make injectors FOR the 1st gen that i can throw in there? do i need to change anything wit my ecu? thanx for any help/advice u can give me.
    "Squirrels are evil because they have thumbs."
    - Chick McGee

You can use a variety of injectors on your car. If you are looking for plug-n-play style injectors I suggest finding a 89-91 Mazda RX-7 turbo with injector part # 195500-2020 (these are 550cc) and also a direct fit into the fuel rail with the correct connector.

If you can't find a turbo model the N/A model pn 195500-2010 is 460cc and the same drop in capability.

Neither of these injectors will run well with the stock ECU, you will need at least an S-AFC to adjust for proper use. Stock GTX injectors are 330cc so the 460's are a good upgrade, I believe I maxed the 330's out at around 9-10psi with no extra fuel pressure over stock.
    -Braden
    '05 WRX

GTX Groupbuy is Closed! However you can still pick up a GTX motor for only $925!!! PM me for order details!

Comment

hmm... i have 3 frenz wit 2nd gen rx7 Tii's... two with junk engines... ill have to get hold of em and ask em bout that. thanks a lot man!!!
      - Chick McGee

Comment

Originally posted by turboge
        You can use a variety of injectors on your car. If you are looking for plug-n-play style injectors I suggest finding a 89-91 Mazda RX-7 turbo with injector part # 195500-2020 (these are 550cc) and also a direct fit into the fuel rail with the correct connector.

If you can't find a turbo model the N/A model pn 195500-2010 is 460cc and the same drop in capability.

Neither of these injectors will run well with the stock ECU, you will need at least an S-AFC to adjust for proper use. Stock GTX injectors are 330cc so the 460's are a good upgrade, I believe I maxed the 330's out at around 9-10psi with no extra fuel pressure over stock.
        I'm using the injectors from the Evo 3 (510cc). I used the evo's wire harness & socket that plugs into the evo injectors. After that, I just splice the original injector wire harness and connect them. Voila. I am using the 1st gen AFC w/ 5 buttons. Easier to adjust though.
        1st gen Protege EL meter installed. Check out page 9 of my ride at the below link.

Check out my ride.
        Check out the Souped Up Custom Ford; Big Brother of My Car.

Comment

You can use 550cc injectors from any of the turbo rx7's going right back to '86.

But if you get a set of tan tops 195500-1370 (like me) from the 86-87 series 2 then make sure you grab the resistor pack as well cos they are low impedance - the others are high.

Comment

Oh, its not broken, I'm taking the chance while its out of the car to clean everything, polish the intake etc. I'm also having an adaptor plate made up to mount the turbo as we speak - its almost bigger than the engine and its got a weird bolt pattern. I think I'll need to brace it as well cos it appears to be too heavy for the manifold I'm also planning to get the injectors flow tested but who knows when I'll get around to that.....

Comment

Its a high-flowed t3/04e. Physically its a LOT bigger than the vj20. The bolt holes are a much bigger than the ones for the vj20 and there is just a lot more heavy metal, especially in the exhaust housing.

The adapter plate is a bit of an ass cos the turbo was originally off a 20b cosmo and they have a very weird bolt pattern.

All in all, it just looks way more solid than the manifold but I'm sure it'll be okay...I hope. I have been assured by the guy who rebuilt and high-flowed it that it will be good for close to 400 but I'm not going there, 320-340 is my goal for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan
                The adapter plate is a bit of an ass cos the turbo was originally off a 20b cosmo and they have a very weird bolt pattern.
                if u like cosmos, ud like my frenz rx7... hes got a 20B swapped into his 90 turboII, but hes convertin it from twin to single turbo, runnin a goddam bus turbo... he figures itll be good for ~900 rwhp when its done... for some reason EVERY pic on his site is fux0red, but heres a link to his site anywayz... btw, so far as we can tell, there are like 2 or 3 of these swaps in the entire united states right now... 20B rx7 site
                - Chick McGee

Comment

Working...
                X