Painted Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted Headlights

I just painted the headlights on my car tongiht, and I absolutely love the new look. It brings together the look of the wheels now. Here is a pic in the garage, I will take some daytime pics tomorrow when I get a chance. The process was very simple, took me about 1.5 hours and that included the baking time.

Comment

it looks really good. can you match the corners?

Comment

I don't think that the corners are able to be seperated, so I am going to order some black corners from procarparts.

Comment

man that looks super sick, you gonna come down and help me bake mine?
          im so afraid im gonna funk them up or somthin, i need some mental support.
          it for sure flows good on your car!!

Comment

It really isn't very difficult, I was worried too that I would ruin the lights but if you bake them at the right temp you can't go wrong.

Comment

Very, very nice.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

DAMN YOU! LOL. That was what I was gonna do this weekend. Thats why I posted that erebuni front bumper removal thing. Hopefully my 'other plans' will be done as well. It looks very nice too. Im thinkin of the black pro car parts if i cant bake the corners.
                My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by icynelly
                  DAMN YOU! LOL. That was what I was gonna do this weekend. Thats why I posted that erebuni front bumper removal thing. Hopefully my 'other plans' will be done as well. It looks very nice too. Im thinkin of the black pro car parts if i cant bake the corners.
                  Sorry I beat you to it. But you don't need to worry about melting your headlights, it is very very easy to do this mod. Just cook them at 275 for 11 minutes and all should be fine. I am waiting for my next paycheck and then I will probably order the black corners.

Comment

wow looks good, did you write a how to on it???
                    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                    225.94wtq
                    torque monster!!!!
                    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
                      wow looks good, did you write a how to on it???
                      No, I just used ghost's how to. The process is alot different but all you really need to know from his walkthrough is baking temperatures. The headlight assembly is held on by about 4 bolts I think. Pretty easy.

Comment

How different is it? In what ways?
                        My OLD Car

Comment

The headlight is easier to take apart.

Comment

i think i might try to do this but with silver instead of black.
                            has anyone color matched to see what it looks like?any pics?

Comment

bman I think yours would look better black. It would go with your graphics real well.

Comment

Working...
                              X