Right turn noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right turn noise

I wonder if someone can help me. As I turn to the right, I get a scraping/vibration. I'm not sure what it is exactly, and its only when I turn to the right. Any suggestions?

Drive your car up on ramps. If nothing looks out of place, rubbing against something or broken, it's almost sure to be your wheel bearings and a second possibility is the CV joint. See if the CV joint boot is torn. If it is, replace it even if you're not getting the classic clicking that worn CV joints produce. Scraping is sometimes caused by joints also. If the noise is still there after replacement then it's the bearing. The sound you're describing leans more towards being the wheel bearing, though.

Comment

there are guards on the backside of the rotors that will make a horrible scraping noise if they get bent the wrong way. "Scraping" noises usually point me to the rotor or a burnt out bearing. But if a bearing is "scraping" i'm surprised it hasn't seized.

Comment

Originally posted by xzjn9p View Post
        But if a bearing is "scraping" i'm surprised it hasn't seized.
        You know, my dad has always said they can seize and kill you if you're on the expressway at high speed. However, they have gone bad on about 3 or 4 of the cars I've owned and they have never seized. Mind you, one of those cars I drove for a couple of months with the scrape. New bearings fixed the scrape/groan problem.

Comment

Working...
        X