Anyone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone....

anyone have their interiors painted and have pics? and did you read a tutorial of know of where I can get one (removal of pieces, prep, technique,etc) anything would be helpful. also what type of paint to use...

Also since I assume its just spray paint type paint, can I spray it on directly onto the door pannels themselves( i know I can but will it look like ****?)

Re: Anyone....

Originally posted by asylum24
    will it look like ****?)
    that's what I'm scared of....

I know that Kris (K Dawg One) has painted his interior - maybe he will shed some light on this matter.

Comment

Also, waht do you guys think about puling the cloth off of the door and primering whatever is behind it and just painting that also? or no? what is behind it by the way

Comment

HERE I AM! lol!
        check out www.sounddomain.com/id/kdawgone for pics
        To start, go to mazda and get a dash explosion printed out for you. It shows how the dash goes together.
        Im assuming you dont have the means to do it proffesionall (ie, air gun) so heres my advice:
        3 thin coats of primer with a LIGHT sand between each coat.
        3 thin coats of paint. Wait until the paint is tacky to the touch before your next coat.
        3 thin coats of clear coat painted the same way as the paint.
        That is basic how to for how to do it with aresol cans (ie, krylon).
        I used spray guns and exterior PPG auto paint, but, the principal is the same.

BTW, behind the vynal on the doors is a cardboard shell. To paint this, youll need to cover it in a fibreglass resin, sand it, use 2 part body filler and then paint it how i said above.

For more info, check my sounddomain page or email me at events@toprotege.com

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
        Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

thanks K dawg, on the doors, u mean cover the entire door in resin right?

Comment

try to have a bit more detailed thread titles so people can quickly read over what's going on.

thanks
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

off to the interior forum we go... :p:

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                thanks K dawg, on the doors, u mean cover the entire door in resin right?
                yup, just the upper/padded part...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

i wuz inspired by kdawg one and i started my interior what i need is help removin the dash i cant find what bolts to remove mabe u can help me wit that but i will post the pics as soon as its done its comin along real nice

Comment

One bolt is up in the middle of the dash near the windshield. There is a little plastic piece you need to pop off.
                    The others are on the side of the dash near the door. Pop those covers off and there are the bolt.
                    I cant remeber is there are any more, so, go to mazda and ask for a DASH EXPLOSION...or search these forms...i think someone posted one before

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

there's one on steering column and four in the middle ( two on each side under the plastic cover, but you'll have to take all console in the middle to take those out) And I guess it's not only those because after I took those ones off my dashboard was moving a bit but I couldn't take it out. Good luck anyways.
                      98 protege LX for appearance
                      89 626 GT for performance

Comment

oh yeah, i forgot about that...thanks russian.
                        the steering column is also bolted to the dash as well as a rebar that runs behind the dash. You need to unbolt these and rop the steering column to the ground too.
                        But, like i said, go to your dealership parts dpt. and ask for a DASH EXPLOSION.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

aight id go to the mazda dealer but the thing is that there is only 1 mazda dealer anywhere near here its about 30 miles from me and my car is off da road due to snow and my winter beater ****in died in a car accident a month ago so iono but anwayz this dahs explosion will it cost me?

Comment

It'll cost you nothing if you look around...

walking into a dealership clueless...might as well play in traffic.

Comment

Yeah, what Davens posted is a copy of it.
                              If you look at the second section (with parts 7, 8, 9), you can see the bolts. There seems to be like 10-12 or so.
                              You can use that, but, if you need a bigger one to see more of the detail, it wont cost anything at a dealer. Just go to the parts dept. and ask for a copy of it. They will print off what Davens posted for free....

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Working...
                              X