Back to the Track!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the Track!

Hey guys im going back to the track, on sunday i hope to be on the low 16', or less, my mods for this race are, beside the header, the grinded cams, an the bronze clutch, are proxes ra1 tires... so i will see if that will work for me this time!...

Just one question i fell that my car runs faster with the distributor fully advance on idle, why that happens?
    it is not my impression is the performance on the street racing, better response... and also guys i have checked the timing belt also to see if there was a theeth missing etc.. engine timming exelente, distributor timing full ahead at idle... and the vaccum for the return line plug out!, more rich mixture, also i removed the air line that come out from the head, that blows hot air iinto the intake, and thats it what you think about my setting!
    94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

best time of LocoR today was 15.5 seg.

Comment

that's pretty good
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

yeah , that's pretty damn good
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Wow thats awesome. Good going man

Comment

Yes my best time was 15.5, just ra1 drag radials, and taking the interior out!
            im looking to do the arrnagements, for th eflow meter swap!
            94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

Comment

NICE! you got your slips i would like to compare them to mine.

NEUMAN

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, the Toyo RA-1 is a road race R-tire, not a drag race tire. They probably work better than an all-season, but not nearly as well as a true drag tire.

Then again, I've gotten a 2.17 60 foot on the Altima on all-seasons.
                David Avard
                '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
                '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
                '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

that's true..isn't drag radials..are competition tires (treadwear near 0)

here we don't have anything better..so..we have to use ra1.

Comment

This is me in the proto!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice little protege you got there. I'm guessing you took out the corner light to try to get some more air to the intake. All in all though, nice runs!

Adam
                      1991 Protege GTR
                      #1739 of 2500

Disclaimer: The "Protege GTR" is a custom car. Mazda never made this vehicle.
                      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                      MODS:
                      GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                      TO DO LIST:
                      EDM/JDM rear bumper
                      EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                      Repaint car

Comment

Thats right sr. at a hot weather like panama (central America), everything posible to cool the engine is fine!

Comment

Working...
                        X