Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eratic idling Mazda familia 97

Sir's,

I am really depserate with the eratic idling problem of my Mazda familia 97. I almost spent P25,000 (approx $500 or more) with this problem but it seems that nothing has been resolved.

My rpm started to dropped as soon as my engine heats up (particularly during long drive). My Mazda technician already changed the following:

1.spark plugs
    2. distributor (it sucks it cost a lot!!!)
    3. high tension wires
    4. sprayed everything with my throtle, hose and pipes

I am not very good with engines and not very familiar with technical terms so please bear with me. Any advise is highly appreciated. You may also e-mail me at bermudezab@yahoo.com Your help is badly needed =( I know for the fact that this is the usual problem of Mazda. Is that true?

Thank you so much and more power!

Alekhine

Why don't you try to adjust idle speed. The is a bolt on the top of the throttle that you just turn to adjust. I set mines after the car is warm from a drive. I set mines slightly above 550 rpm.

Comment

What engine do you have? Is it carbureted or injected?
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

did ur mechanic clean the MAF sensor? most of the time thats the culprit...otherwise you could bring it to kia pasay...check the idling settigns too...it might be too low...it should be at least 800rpm when engine reached optimum temp level...

worst case would be the servo kit...

Comment

^ +1 My guess would be a sensor of some kinds like mentioned above. there is no mechanical reason that would happen.
          MY RIDE
          sigpic

Comment

engine coolant temperature sensor or ect is my guess if it's not MAF.

It's a simple test. You test the resistance of the sensor at a given temperature and it must fall within a specified range on the chart in the manual.

It sounds like a sensor. Which one it's hard to say. Start by getting a multimeter and a manual and testing each one.

No check engine codes to give you a clue?
            Last edited by pikespeakgtx; 06-12-2008, 12:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

why is this posted in the 1990-94 section??

Comment

Originally posted by Rice'sRocket View Post
                why is this posted in the 1990-94 section??
                They sold first gen Protege's in the Philipines until 1997, and many of them came with a carbs and not fuel injection....
                1992 Mazda Protege DX Manual - 5/30/2006 R.I.P
                1992 Mazda Protege LX former Manual - 2/2/2010 Parts Donor
                1994 Mazda Protege LX Manual swap Daily Driver W.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                X