Brembo brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brembo brakes

I know these are good ass breaks. I met this kid yesterday and he is selling all his stuff for his P5. He offered me all four brembo slotted and crossdrilled brakes for $200 bucks. What do you guys think?
    My OLD Car

Don't you have rear drums, if so you only need two. And I don't think they will fit. Tirerack sells some Power Slot rotors for a good price, I would recommend you check those out as well.

Comment

thanks for the heads up Proto2k. Once again your on point, btw nice avatar
      <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
      AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

No problem. But I was wondering, would it be difficult to convert the rear drums to rotors.

Comment

Yea damnit. I got rear drums. So all i can do now is get the front and thats it.
          My OLD Car

Comment

I feel your pain.

Comment

why not buy all 4 and do a conversion when you have more $$$?

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
              RB springs
              Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
              MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Protege5's are 5 lug; 99-01 Protege DX, LX are 4 lug hubs. They won't work w/o changing out the hubs.
                Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
                  why not buy all 4 and do a conversion when you have more $$$?

i remember reading somewhere that converting over to all 4 disc won't improve braking much, if at all. rear brakes do what, 25% of the braking? if you're going to spend the money, upgrade to the ES brakes, since they are 1" bigger

Comment

I wanted to do it for the looks. How would it look with just two in the front. But since its five lug it wouldnt even work at all.....
                    My OLD Car

Comment

i've only seen people do drum to disc on TV... they make it look easy.. but then again. they seem to be able to do an engine swap in 8.3 seconds, flat...

i was reading the FAQ and i saw the note about how disc doesn't really improve, but it DOES look a lot better.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                      RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

there's a lot involved with doing a drum to disc conversion. aside from costing a ton, you have to change out the brake booster and crap up front like that, plus all the stuff at the wheel. it's basically pointless, unless you've got a lot of time on your hands, and money to waste and if you just want to look good, here ya go:

sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

Damn $140 for those pieces of ****. I never realized they were so expensive.

Comment

Check the Group Buy section, Darrly was selling some Brembo brakes/pads/lines.

That's how I got mine, and I only paid $195 for 2 new front rotors and some nice Technafit SS lines.
                            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
                            X