Forced induction kits for 2G Proteges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced induction kits for 2G Proteges

I know this probably belongs in the other forum, but are there any turbo or supercharger kits for 1.8l DOHC 2G proteges? Inquiring minds want to know.

Not at the moment.
    Essential Speed is planning on developing one in the future, but its not here yet.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

you can always have a custome mani made, and piece one together, but thats f you got like 10 grand to spend, lol
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

ITs very easy to turbo a 1.8L from our 2nd gens. It can be done by gettin the turbo exhaust manifold from corksport.com alont with an ihi vj-20 turbo. Solve some fuel issues and some piping lay outs and boom. Fuel issues can be easly solved by an rx-7 fuel pump and a rising rate fuel pressure regulator.. Pricing can range from 1000 to 3000 depending on what kind of products you buy and if you use used parts or not. A kit with blitz gauges and electronic boost controllers and all that high tech jazz could easily run 3k. A kit consisting of autometer, manual boost controller, and used parts can be done easily around 1k. But im rambleling on now. BUT YEA ITS EASY!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Yes, my car is currently sitting at essentialspeed.com for some R&D over the winter. And yes, they will be selling a production turbo kit for the 1.5 and the 1.8
          For more info, check out their webpage or email kevin directly at info@essentialspeed.com
          If you are looking for other parts, tell him what your looking for.
          They will also be selling shortly a header-back exhaust in both a single exhaust and a dual (y-piped at the axle) exhaust
          Tell them 'kris from woodstock' sent you!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
          Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Very cool, thanks for all the info. Nooow to scratch up a little cash....

Comment

K Dawg ONE

keep us informed on the 1.5l turbo package that is soon to be aight!!!
              DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

if they built a turbo for the 1.5L they are my new gods. also I can consider not doing the 1.8 swap.

Comment

Yep, you're right. If they will make a turbo for 1.5 which would be priced right I will think about getting one next year. I mean I WOULD GET this for sure ! Just want to have some posts in Racing stories
                  98 protege LX for appearance
                  89 626 GT for performance

Comment

It sounds nice but do they have any clue what the gains might be like? 50-100 hp? Will it give us around 150 or closer to 200?
                    mmmmm.....200hp, that sounds perdie good to me but I doubt it'll be that much of a gain.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                    Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                    I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

200whp is possible

it's possible to get up there in horsepower. on www.nissanperformancemag.com there's a 200sx w/ a 1.6L engine that use to put out 92whp, and now pushes 230whp. so it's possible, but that nissan has other goodies on it as well. maybe 140-160 is easily feasable.
                      Almost there

jdm tails... check
                      jdm bumper... check
                      ms lip... check
                      ms grill... check
                      ms sideskirts... check
                      ms rear skirts... check
                      ms spoiler... check
                      ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                      Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

The estimate for the 1.8 turbo is about 200whp.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                        Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

What's about estimate for 1.5 ?
                          98 protege LX for appearance
                          89 626 GT for performance

Comment

i asked essential speed what the difference will be between the turboed 1.8 and the turboed 1.5 and heres what theys said
                            Good day,Lowell.
                            The difference between the 1.5L whp turboed and the 1.8L turboed would be
                            only around 15-20 whp.
                            Reason is the turbo would made to spec for the smaller displacement motor,
                            providing the spool up time and vey close end result whp.
                            My suggestion, turbo the 1.5L enjoy it for a season,then build the 1.5L for
                            big boost.
                            The 1.5L is also lighter than the 1.8L,and if you port and polish your 1.5L
                            header it will better than the stock 1.8L
                            thanks again for the interest,currently we are take deposits for the 1.5L
                            turbo kits.This allows us to make things in number offering it cheaper than
                            1 or 2 off's.
                            put the word out and get a feel.
                            Karen & Kevin Liphard

so if a 1.8l is 200 hp then a 1.5l will be about 175-180whp
                            real drivers accelerate for the corners

Comment

screw, I'm not doing the 1.8 swap, I'll buy a turbo! TURBO!!!!! any estimates on price?

Comment

Working...
                              X