body kits anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body kits anyone?

just got in contact with a company here in the states that makes body kits... they are doing like 3 kits for mx3's right now that look awesome.... $500 per kit... i'm talking to him about it right now and wanted to gaudge interest... would anyone want kits that would keep front and back rebars? unlike all other kits where either both or just one must be removed?
    here is their website www.krazykustomz.com
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

I want to see what they could come up with and how much just the front would be since thats what I need

Comment

what are some front ends and / or kits you guys would like to see for our car? this should work for 95-98 so any year of 2nd gen i want to hear what you guys think
      In the Garage
      Black 93 MX-3 GS
      Bp powered
      GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

nothing extremely wild, similar to the erebuni one... iono I'll look around at some kits and see if I can find anything

Comment

be sure to check his site and look through those.. what they like to do is take existing kits /designs and copy those onto other cars

the ones they copy for $500 per kit are the d class kits check out ones that might be similar in size to ours so that they would actually work for our type and size of car ... its towards the bottom of each body kit page
          Last edited by projectmx; 11-28-2003, 10:42 AM.
          In the Garage
          Black 93 MX-3 GS
          Bp powered
          GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

i would like a rear bumper!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
            Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

I'm not sure yet, but if I'll get front bumper and sides from topmix , I'll definately will start looking for rear bumper .
              98 protege LX for appearance
              89 626 GT for performance

Comment

don't forget the top mix ones are fiberglass without any reinforment behind them... if you are going to do that instead of a kit then at least get the one from corksport since its the same front end made of better material
                In the Garage
                Black 93 MX-3 GS
                Bp powered
                GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

Ok, now I know a bit more about bumpers Thanks guys. You're right , I guess I should save money and get one that let me keep rebar. Let me know about this kit. I might be interested .
                  98 protege LX for appearance
                  89 626 GT for performance

Comment

give me some ideas of which kits on the website you guys like ok?
                    so i can let the guy know which kits we are considering and how much interest we have....
                    In the Garage
                    Black 93 MX-3 GS
                    Bp powered
                    GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

Can they be urethane, keep the rebar, and be nice looking....what i'd like to see.
                      There just isn't much outher there. Something different would be nice.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                      Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                      I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

urethane would rock.. but if you could find a full body kit made of that for $500 it would be a miracle... different for a protege? or a completely original kit? cause a completely original kit would cost a few grand just in the Research and Development stages.. where taking a design already done and adapting that to fit our car is much more cost effective.. i mean how many of use would pay a couple grand for a new kit verses 500 for a kit that they liked also?
                        In the Garage
                        Black 93 MX-3 GS
                        Bp powered
                        GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

Nah I just mean different for the pro. There is the j-spec and the eribuni and that's about it. There are a few more but I don't think I've come across more than 5 different kits for a 2nd gen pro. Things are very limited for us in almost every aspect of the aftermarket world.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>

Comment

there is only 1 full kit available inthe use so far.. and like 2 other front bumpers ... and if the top mix comes that is a couple more... oh the pakfiefer might have someting also.. but not much
                            In the Garage
                            Black 93 MX-3 GS
                            Bp powered
                            GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

Right....this is why I want something different. Pakfiefer is just a front bumper too right? It looks nice IMHO....I kinda like the hood in the pic with the black car too. Some different definately isn't worth a couple grand to me either.

Comment

Working...
                              X