door panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door panels

in my quest to make my speakers look pretty, and for people to know that i have infiniti kappas, i cut holes in my door panels for the grilles. on the passenger side, the door panel also has somewhat warped and is put under stress every time u open or close the door...now, i know i need new door panels, but dont the newer pros have diff door panels? i remember seeing some that just looked bad ass, and if i replace, i wanna replace with style

Yeah, I think the 92-94 or maybee 93-94 has a different style door panel. I know my 93 does. Here is the old door panels in mazdaspeedwests car:

I did the same thing and now they look kinda ghettofied. I was thinking about getting some 6x9 grills and put them over the holes I cut. That should look decent. Here is what they look like as of now without the grills.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

those are kool-with the joy stick window switch

Comment

Yeah, I have the same door panels the Marc has. I've been looking forever for a replacement for my passenger door though (ahem .. Dave!).

Marc, how did you do your panel inserts like that?
        Scott
        '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
        '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
        '98 Volvo V70 T5
        '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Originally posted by beachnut
          Yeah, I have the same door panels the Marc has. I've been looking forever for a replacement for my passenger door though (ahem .. Dave!).

Marc, how did you do your panel inserts like that?
          Heh, man that took FOREVER to get it rite! here is what I did.

At first I was going to do this, but because of the curves of the door panels it was next to impossible to get the wrinkles out of the fabric. (I tried using both fabric and vinyl, neither worked too well.) So I was left with door panels that were all f'ed up and gooy from the glue. I was just going to toss them and get new ones from a junkyard. My friend suggested that I just paint them. So thats what I did which was a PITA. No too bad, but I had to first get all the glue residue off with a scrub pad and "goo remover". Then I sanded the area down and primered then painted them. I had to sand it down one more time after the first painting because the panels still had "bumps" on them. Then I painted them one more time and added a clear coat. Turned out really nice! I used the engine paint they sell at Walmart. Its really good paint and so far is working out very well.
          Here is what it looked like with the vinyl, notice all the wrinkles:

And the painted panel, if you look real close i have a little overspray to clean off:
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

nice. can i use the newer door panels on mine?

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
              nice. can i use the newer door panels on mine?
              Yeah, Im pretty sure you can. Don't know if you will have to swap out any plugs for the switches though, but it should all match up. I think somebody has done this, just can't think of who it was.
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

do they make it in the tanish interior color/

Comment

do they make it in the tanish interior color/
                  That I don't know. Mine were grey. I guess you can just go hunting at the junk yard and see what you come up with unless somebody here has them in tan and can tell tou.
                  2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

cmon ,, you know this is exterior/interior it belongs in that section
                    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

sorry...*winces*

Comment

sorry...*winces*
                        wait it's ur birthday,,, ahhh post where you want:D
                        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

dances around in the streets :D thanx dawg

Comment

i have tan door panels and as far as design, the 90 to 92 looked exactly the same as each other. the 93-94 has a better, less dated design, and plug wise, should swap with the old harnesses, as a 90-92 master switch is what i have in my 94's driverside door panel as we speak. i've been to many a junkyard to find many a parts, and as far as door panels are concerned, i believe it should be a direct swap, 93 & 94 panels should swap onto your doors with no problem. in the 93 and 94 door panels, i believe the design kinda makes it hard to use aftermarket speaker grilles. the grille design built into the front door panels looks like there is a 5x7 inch speaker behind the door, when in reality, it has a 5 1/4 in there stock. you might get away with it, but most likely, you won't, your speakers will have to be mounted behind the panel and you won't be able to use the aftermarket grilles. the back dash design is very similar to the front door as mounting speakers as they should, slapping aftermarket grilles on your rear speakers is worthless if you actually mount them to the sheet metal. definately an upgrade you can do, it's just a matter of fiinding that magical car some immigrant hasn't destroyed the panels in! ah well, good luck with your panels bud.
                            peace

Comment

thanx dawg...now i just have to find the panels

Comment

Working...
                              X