Headlight Covers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight Covers???

What do yall think about GTS/Lund/etc. light covers for 1st gens????

I was considering buying then as an alternative to tinting my corners... Just in case I am trying to pic up some extra corner markers to play with.... But Please let me know, for the auction will end soon...
    Attached Files
    They Look Good...
    0.00%
    They are garbage...
    60.00%
    I'm neither partial to either, and I have no taste, so I'm going to select this option to furthermore make this poll redundant for you Ameen...
    40.00%
    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Protege Menace was liiiiiiiike:
    why? they are illigal to drive with and lower the light output.

better to wear sunglasses at night while driving
    Here is why...

1. My fronts look naked now that my tails are tinted... and I was planning on tinting the corners in the future, this seemed like an easier alternative...

2. If worst came to worst I could take them off if i needed (as opposed to tinting corners...)

And, cmon now.. yall should know me by now..

3. they are cheap as sin

Also as far as visibility... I was planning on purchasing the parking lights from my old car, 2nd gen Ford SHO... the lights are low key, not hella bright, and still stick with the boxy theme of the 1st gen protege's... eh... I could also just TAKE THEM OFF at NIGHT ... lol... anyway, Vote Up!!! Thanks for the input
    Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 11-28-2003, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I had to go for the third choice. I'm not too big on showy mods. But hey, I didn't know that they made light covers for our cars...
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

hey man do what you want to do. it is your car. most people here are more performance oriented. and it is nice to see an apperiance oriented person. but hey do what you want to do. i have never heard of these. why dont you try them out and tell us what you think. write a "review" if you will.
        When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
        Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
        Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
        So his engine he goosed
        With much too much boost,
        And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

my friend drove around with GTS blackouts on his cavelier for about 10 months.. and after car shows, tickets (for stuff unrelated), and the hassle of replacement, he just gave up on the damn things. it's practically the same plastic they use as window gutter gards (veilside? i forget) .. very durable, but not very scratch resistant. aside from that, you'd be one of the only pro's with em, but the census seems to be a non-chalont shrug of the shoulders.. do what you want. personally, i don't think it's 'ricey', but makes it difficult to maintain a 'clean' type of image (one of the reasons i decided not to do this sort of modification on my headlights). good luck
          peace

Comment

how's this, get a clear set and just tint the part that goes over the corner light? No light output loss and you get your corners tinted (but not permanently)

Comment

Thanks Yall:

Update... These things are rarer than I thought... I found it on ebay... (pay respect and dont overbid me) but its for the 323 years that have the same lights as a 94... so honestly there is nothing to compare it to... I think I will purchase them, and when I get them I will post a pic of what they look like...

In responce to MazdaRacer... I tried searching for the Clear ones... and I don't even think that they exist.

Again, thanks for the help yall... he he.. and not raggin on me because I have conformed to the "all show" group... I wish I still had my SHO so I could play with her ::sigh:: ... but I gave her to a Nigerian friend of the family that was needy of a car two years ago... I think that I cried... I wish I had some pics... I'll find some and scan em...

Ultimately... "Jamilah" is a DX, has 108k miles, is too old, and too weak to be modded up... so she will just have to be 'pertyfied' to pay respect to her dependablity... he he he... I Gotta excel somewhere... Thanks again and I'll keep all yall posted!!!!!

Maybe I will add a strut bar to pay respeezy to my performance brothers on here... he he Peace

People in Cincy will be pissed when I rev my engine at stop lights, and proceed to pull into a McDonald's parking lot instead of race them... ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by XxToKeSxX
                Ultimately... "Jamilah" is a DX, has 108k miles, is too old, and too weak to be modded up... so she will just have to be 'pertyfied' to pay respect to her dependablity... he he he... I Gotta excel somewhere... Thanks again and I'll keep all yall posted!!!!!

[size=1]Maybe I will add a strut bar to pay respeezy to my performance brothers on here... he he Peace
                What too old to be modded... whoa man. no car is too old to be modded. and yeah have some fun with suspension mods. they both look good and have function

So his engine he goosed

Comment

I feel bad because I bought a cheapy strut bar off ebay to see how they may affect my stability.... well see... I might start doing the suspension thing... Lowering is a different story...... I cant do that by myself, cause I dont have a garage...

Comment

even the cheap ebay ones help

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Damnit.. your inspiring me now... Strut bar... ordered... debating on gettin an ebay CAI... well see... meh... Anyway...

Headlight covers are ordered... Ill take a pic when they get here and my car is clean... bia bias...

HoLLaChaBoi

Comment

well, it is kinda hard not to mod when you hang out on a fourm like this. the mod bug runs pretty rampant here.

any word on the headlight covers?

So his engine he goosed

Comment

brock, you make me mod

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
                            brock, you make me mod
                            what... why... modding is something you choose to do. i just encourage it.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Yes I have just recieved the Headlight Covers... I will try and take a pic this weekend... to be honest.. I think they look ... meh... It will probably look better if I get my Bumper painted, put my driving lights in, and mesh up the grill a little bit... and try and get that cot damned spoiler lip...

damn, if i just added a few lights on... um .... everything
                              else, you could consider me a rice boi, Ill be damned

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuck it... Throw it on" is my slogan for the week...
                              Last edited by XxToKeSxX; 12-06-2003, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X