AntiFreeze was brown...wtf???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AntiFreeze was brown...wtf???

So i decided to flush my cooling system for the winter and put some new antifreeze and stuff in there. I went out and started draining it and it was ****ing brown. Ive never seen anything like that before. It smelled and tasted like antifreeze still tho. Anyone got any ideas???
    Eat ****.

rust.

how long has it been since your last flush? and what was the mixture?

Comment

as far as i know, antifreeze is always brown when it's really old. It's supposed to be green, but if it's way overdue for a flushing then it usually is brown.
      Tag Team

Comment

i havent flushed it since I got the car in like may i think. Thats good to know, I thought it was oil or something from a leak in my car. PHEW!!
        Eat ****.

Comment

WOW... lol... yeah... its like december dawg... he he he... pimp on
          1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
          1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
          2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
          2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Heh, yeah, brown = rust, that's what the **** in mine looks like right now. ****. I think the last owner didn't change the fluid since he replaced the whole radiator
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

No bro that aint rust.....there are some coolant that r brown in color. 5 years ago i tried to flush my moms coolant on her 95 corolla i thought it was hella rusted but i went to the dealer here in Ca and it was their coolant brown in color.

It can be rust too but not everything would be brown it can be green w/ brownish in it....

Comment

Ahhh, that might be it.
                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

its not rust or the coolant color, when it gets really old like when i got my new radiator, the coolant is brown, all new coolant should be green to my knowledge
                  Last edited by 93protosnoozer; 12-10-2003, 10:00 PM.
                  rock and roll is bitchin

Comment

Working...
                  X