Front lip for '98 pro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front lip for '98 pro...

I wonder if it's possible to fit a lip like the one for the 95,96 pro on a '98 pro ?? If so, is it easy to fit ? Is there any alternative ??

Thank's !

You would need to get a JDM 98 bumper, because the lip for 95-96 is made for a JDM bumper, and all JDM bumpers are shorter then the US-spec bumpers.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

they also have a different lower portion which the lip attatches to
      In the Garage
      Black 93 MX-3 GS
      Bp powered
      GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
      MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

So will a 95-96 front lip will fit with a jdm bumper on a '98 pro...is someone already tried it ??

Comment

As far as I know, no one ever tried this. Because 95/96 and 97/98 bumpers have different contours/shape where the lip would be attached. Unless you are a professional and you know plastics and its properties, I do not suggest you be the one to try this first.
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Ok...that's sad cause I think a lip would make a good look for this car...simple but a little sporty...maybe i'll try something custom. Anyway, thank you for your answer !!

Comment

the 95-96 front lip for the JDM bumper will NOT fit the 97-98 front bumper.

Back 2 years ago I picked one up to try, It's made of fiberglass were as the front bumper is made of a differnet plastic. If you bondo'ed the two together it might work would look funny. When you drive your frontend flexes, the bondo will crack. Ask any body shop it is not recommended.
              Last edited by Project323; 12-01-2003, 09:45 PM.
              Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
              FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
              Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

I really wish I could do my lip over in polyurethane. I have managed to sand off the old paint, then I am going to put the primer on it ... like 6 coats or so and then give it out to be painted...
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Bruce,
                  take your lip to a shop and since its FG, you can have it wrapped in CF!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                  1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                  Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Working...
                  X