another 5.0 lx on my list . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another 5.0 lx on my list . . .

If u guys remember on the other site (protegeclub.com) i posted a racing story how i smoked a mustang 5.0 lx about half a car length but no one believed me anyhow just last week after months of hunting 'em 5.0 two guys on a white 5.0 cut me and my friend on my 323. It was Saturday night aroung 10pm when he cut me off to take my lane at the stop light so i told my friend i want to race this guy not becuz he cut me off but bcuz i've been wanting to race another 1 but friend he's all, " bro that car sounded loud didn't u see when he cut u off he was just next to us then took off just like that" I told him I dont care i just want to see if i can keep up cuz maybe the guy that i raced b4 on his lx dont know how to drive it...

At the light....the 5.0 was on the fast left lane on his right was the 96 accord ( fixed up looks) then me next to that accord. When the light turned green the truck that made the left infront of me was blocking my way so i had to wait until the truck left. By this time the 5.0 was 1 car away from me and by the time i was able to take off (at idle only bcuz of the truck) the lx was like 1 car and a half away but i shifted it good no grinds and no i dont power shift... i fouldn't believe it but i caught up about half a car away from him on my third gear almost redline until we reach the next light but he had to make a left....

i didn't beat him on this race but when u think about it. Only if the truck wasn't blocking my way and i was able to take off at 3k rpm i could've had him again...

btw this time the 5.0 was an automatic cuz me and my friend heard the car when he cut as off...either way my 323 can keep up with the big boys....

Hmm, my friend's 5.0 destroys me! He has plenty of power, and he gets it low end. It even has at least 250,000 miles (the speedo/odo broke). But, it is a 5-speed, and, he has it decently taken care of. A lot of the 5.0s have been neglected, and a BP 323 which is pretty light, could hang a little bit, at least with an automatic.

When I was dropping my friend off in Santa Clara, there were all these damn Hondas... damn they were slow ....
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

i prolly raced the wrong 5.0 just like ur friend raced the wrong honda. Since u already know where i live and u sat on my 323 when i was pushing it how about a race w/ ur friend 5.0 that way i can prove it to peeps here that my 323 can keep up w/ the 5.0's.....well in a stock trim w/ slight mod. if he's pumping 500 hp or poppin a wheely of the line forget about it dont bring him here...anyways im up for a race anytime just come on by.

Comment

Yeah, I know your car is fast, it knocked me back in the seat

Heh, it was me in Santa Clara, in my protege,
        this guy was trying to show off his civic... I could hear he was gassing it because he had a big muffler... I was just hanging out behind him, right on his ass, not even pushing the gas down all the way

As for my friend's 5.0, he's down in Santa Barbara, and I only took him on when I was on the track at Button Willow. His dyno: 178 rwhp, 255 rwtq. Not that much HP, but plenty of torque So I guess it wouldn't qualify as a stock car.

I can't seem to find the quarter mile times for a stock 5.0 anywhere
        Last edited by charles; 11-30-2003, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Hmmm, I talked to my friend, he said that depending on the years, they ran high 15s... and got a little faster in the later years. I know your car can do that, easily!

Good kill!

Comment

O men i went the junkyard with my friend who use to own a honda hatchback 91 dx which is hella slow. he was telling me that there was this protege lx next to him it was just lowered but he said u can barely notice that his car is lowered but anyways the lx guy took off on him at the light and he tried to race him but by the time he shifted to 2nd the lx was long gone he said. Thats y he was trippin out wut the hell was that car he's all it faster than a stock honda ex.

btw i aint trying to brag about my cars capabilities i know alot of people here has the same mods as mine im just trying to tell u'all my story since most of the people who read it before didn't belive me....Thx for reading.

Comment

my friend has a 1991 5.0 lx automatic with a x-pipe. no other mods. he wants to race you. are you game?
              well i just noticed your in cali. nevermind.
              it may look like a trans am.........
              respect for the 1st gen pro's, especially for marco, joe, and luda.

Comment

www.car-stats.com you can find the quarter for most cars. looks like lx 1992 5.0 mustang runs a 14.8s. quick but it is a 5 liter.
                real drivers accelerate for the corners

Comment

im always up for a race just come on by....
                  14.8 1/4 mile on a 5.0 LITER V8 !!! is slow a stock acura type r can take this all day and its got a 1.8liter 4 banger.

end of story....

Comment

I believe ya bro me and some 5.0 was beside each other last week goin about 50 mph and he and i slamed are cars in 2 and that was it, i pulled off from him by 1 car lenghts, then we got to the light and he reved up on my again and i just chrip the wheels and turned lefted and it was a good run... Yea the 5.0 will get ya off start but finishing the race tha pro can run him...

Ratrod

Comment

Somebody needs to hook that 5 liter up to a snap-on scanner and figure out what the hell is wrong with it....auto or not... its an lx and from factory there just retarded fast...

Comment

What now its possible i did im not going to bull**** something like that my runs 145hp stong it did and got the job done....

Ratrod

Comment

the whole lot of you are smoking freaking crack, i donmt care how many stories i hear, it is total bull **** that you beat a 5.0. they have like 300 foot pounds of torque, unless you are racing some **** ass hooptie of a 5.0 its not gonna happen. video tape it and i might believe it.
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

i aint about to argue w/ y'all all i know is that them 5.0 use to scare me on the road with those dual exhaust but not anymore! not when im driving my 323....

Comment

i personally go after the mustangs, firebirds etc.
                              James G.
                              sobe83@yahoo.com
                              AIM: DVS 323BPT
                              MySpace
                              Cardomain
                              <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Working...
                              X