talk about overkill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talk about overkill

i was browsing through carsound and guess what i found? an almost 6' sub apparently richard clark built it back in the day, then MTX bought it and showed it at the IASCA finals in 1997.

some people have WAY too much time on their hands

Damn that would be intresting to have in a C-130
    <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
    AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Originally posted by AFwestPunk
      Damn that would be intresting to have in a C-130
      from what i've read, the sides of the van that was carrying is imploded when they cranked it up it's now housed in a brick enclosure

Comment

what in the hell are you going to do with that???? its a non violant weapon we should be using to make the brown note!!!
        '02 classic red p5
        currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

some dude at a car show had a like 3 foot sub in the back of his dodge ram it hit harder then hell
          i is dumb

Comment

are you talkin about the 34" audiobahn speaker?

Comment

maybe but all iknow is that it was way too big you could feel the bass from like a mile away
              i is dumb

Comment

You know, David and Richard build a larger one than that once. I have heard both. As you know, I am not a bass head like many of the folks here. I thought it sounded pretty flatuant. Really big bassed end up with dimenishing returns, more size, more amp, little itty bitty gains.
                I will stick with old Velodynes!
                David A. Cameron
                "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
                stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Ex Protege Owner- and I still love em!
                2004 Cooperworks Mini
                2003 Acura TSX

And I swear not another car until my daughter gets a drivers license!!

De Oppresso Liber
                Sine Pari

Comment

Originally posted by dacinokc
                  You know, David and Richard build a larger one than that once. I have heard both. As you know, I am not a bass head like many of the folks here. I thought it sounded pretty flatuant. Really big bassed end up with dimenishing returns, more size, more amp, little itty bitty gains.
                  I will stick with old Velodynes!

mmmmmmmmmm, velodynes i heard the sub sounded like ass, but it was just for show it lost by what 10 dB to alma gates?

Comment

I have yet to see the person who can beat Alma when she is on the marks. The team has an occasional lost due to hardware failures, for some reason the amp keep blowing up on her sooner or later!!
                    David A. Cameron

2004 Cooperworks Mini
                    2003 Acura TSX

De Oppresso Liber
                    Sine Pari

Comment

Originally posted by dacinokc
                      I have yet to see the person who can beat Alma when she is on the marks. The team has an occasional lost due to hardware failures, for some reason the amp keep blowing up on her sooner or later!!

yeah, she's awesome definitely one of the coolest people i've met did you hear that she's switching/switched to JBL? and good to see you back on the forum

Comment

No I had not heard that, but I have been pretty busy, in court . I am not suprised though, JBL does have the pockets to play and is looking for the competition credability. I realized that after they picked up Crown for the amp technologies. Too bad for Stillwater, they are an Oklahoma company so I own them some alligence I guess.
                        I do watch the board daily, only once in a blue moon (pun intended to you Blue LEDz) do I find a string I want to jump in on. You are always so on top of the stuff here, I just don't have to join in!!:p:
                        Are you still pulling duty or are you out yet?
                        David A. Cameron

2004 Cooperworks Mini
                        2003 Acura TSX

De Oppresso Liber
                        Sine Pari

Comment

busy in court? dave, what did i tell you about SF interrogation tactics with every boy allison meets
                          i can't find the thread on carsound about alma, but there was talks of building an SQ setup also
                          i figured you checked out the site rather often, but yeah, i try to stay on top of things:p: BTW, thanks for the e-mails, i look forward to the laugh

Comment

WARNING: thread jacking in progress.

Dave - any updates on the MazdaSpeed system?

~HH

Comment

Originally posted by hihoslva
                              WARNING: thread jacking in progress.

Dave - any updates on the MazdaSpeed system?

~HH

more thread jacking, where you been HH?

Comment

Working...
                              X