hesitation or missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hesitation or missing

I have a problem here my 1990 323gtx turbo has a problem hesitating around 4500 rpm and gets worse as the car gets warmer, it will eventually start hesitating at any rpm and may not idle after being warmed up totally.
    I have changed the mass air flow meter, changed distributor, spark plug wires and plugs any ideas as to what the problem might be.
    I have heard that the temperature sensor may have a part to play in situations like this can this be a possiblilty and how does this affect the hesitation.

could be the temp sensor... in warmup mode the ECU runs off of preset parameters to get the car up to operating temperature... if the sensor was bad and it went to closed loop it doesnt see the signals it needs so it runs like ****.

Good luck finding the problem.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

does it over heat or stay at a normal temp? cause if it stays normal there is a slim chance it could be the temp sensor... try changing your fuel filter if you havent already.

Comment

I found the problem it was a leak on the intercooler I had it repaired and it run ok now thanks for your help guys.

Comment

Working...
        X