This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can i use as an asseccory power

i've done a search and i still can't find what i would hook up my remote wire for my amp to any help would be nice!? the amp says i could hook the remotye to an accessory power but whats considered asseccory power?!
    03 SILVER DX: 30% IN FRONT AND 20% TINT IN BACK, 600W SONY XPLOD AMP, 2 10'' SUBS, 3 3/8'' TACH W/SHIFT LIGHT
    check it out at
    members.cardomain.com/phoenixzero

I am pretty sure that the cigarette lighter circuit in our cars is switched on and off with the ignition. You could use that.

I think that the term "accessory power" refers to a source that is turned on when the key in in the accessory or run positions.
    --JJB--
    '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
    Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
    16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
    15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
    Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

tap into the fuse box, steering column, or as JJB said, the wire for the cigarette plug

Comment

OR- use a relay attached to the signal out of the headunit to turn on the sytem. David Navone sells a nice one, or build one yourself via Radio Shack. I keep a few of David's around all the time now, they are very well designed and built.
        David A. Cameron
        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
        stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Ex Protege Owner- and I still love em!
        2004 Cooperworks Mini
        2003 Acura TSX

And I swear not another car until my daughter gets a drivers license!!

De Oppresso Liber
        Sine Pari

Comment

or you can wire the amp power cable into the remote with a switch and turn it on and off as u like
          i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by dacinokc
            OR- use a relay attached to the signal out of the headunit to turn on the sytem. David Navone sells a nice one, or build one yourself via Radio Shack. I keep a few of David's around all the time now, they are very well designed and built.

ah yes, i always forget about david's turn on systems

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
              or you can wire the amp power cable into the remote with a switch and turn it on and off as u like
              I think we've all learned to ignore everything you say - especially when you give advice.

This is a dumb idea. For many reasons. Not the least of which is: The first time you forget to flip the switch, kiss your battery goodbye.

You can easily install a switch on the remote wire - I generally do this for sub amps, so that I can turn the sub on or off without affecting the rest of the system.

But I don't RELY on that to shut my amps off.

~HH

Comment

Originally posted by hihoslva
                I think we've all learned to ignore everything you say - especially when you give advice.

This is a dumb idea. For many reasons. Not the least of which is: The first time you forget to flip the switch, kiss your battery goodbye.

You can easily install a switch on the remote wire - I generally do this for sub amps, so that I can turn the sub on or off without affecting the rest of the system.

But I don't RELY on that to shut my amps off.

~HH
                add to that the fact that you want to have the amps turned on BEFORE you apply a signal to them (unless they have a delayed input control built in) so that you do not damage the speakers after them by asking the amp to do work before it is ready (i.e. not all the bias points on the transistors inside have arrived at the operating points right after turn on).
                --JJB--
                '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
                Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
                16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
                15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
                Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

Originally posted by skr33t_rac3r
                  or you COULD even just connect it to the battery under the hood with the car running with wet hands applied to each terminal of the battery.. thats BOUND to turn something .. like.. common sense?

ah

Comment

i had mine hooked up to a switch for like 2 years and never did it do any thing to my amp or my speakers and i even forgot to turn it off once or twice it didnt drain my battery that much. an when it did all i had to do was suck my stepfather's dick and he bought me a new one. he helped me put in the swich so it's his fault but he does'nt care when it dies i just get another becuase i can switch to one of the other 7 batterires i have in the car, i have extra cuz i do that for my stepfather alot and he gets what i need.
                    i is dumb

Comment

I've only been here less then a week and already I know that about the only thing this guy tells teh truth about is having "smoked himself retarted"
                      either that or he's lieing pretending he did because he thinks drugs are cool. (more likely)

what a jackass, you mean to tell me an amp which draws more juice then a dome light isn't going to do ****? what kind of amp did you have a 1.5 volt duracell battery? pah-leeeeseeeee stop talking out your ass.
                      Visit My Garage

Comment

Haha...it went along with his 450hp and runnin through traffic at 120+....i think he was just tellin us about all the dreams he's had recently but who knows.
                        What's wrong with the blue remote turn on that's already at the head unit? I'm assuming there is one because there was on in my miata and there's on in my pro. Sounds like the easiest solution since it doesn't require tapping into the fuse box or an aux. fuse or anything.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                        Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                        I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

the amp i ahd was a koiler 600 and it powered 2 pioneer 10's
                          i is dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman112k3
                            pah-leeeeseeeee stop talking out your ass.
                            Originally posted by sk33t_rac3r
                            i had mine hooked up to a switch for like 2 years and never did it do any thing to my amp or my speakers and i even forgot to turn it off once or twice it didnt drain my battery that much
                            drain your battery that much. how long did you forget to turn your amp off? an hour tops? look stfu n00b! look smarten up, shut up, and learn.

Originally posted by sk33t_rac3r
                            the amp i ahd was a koiler 600 and it powered 2 pioneer 10's
                            i'm guessing that the "ahd" is suposed to be had and the what happened forget to turn the amp off one more time and fried it? i've blown and amp with a very small short. and what you say is just stupid.
                            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                            So his engine he goosed
                            With much too much boost,
                            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

cable is the moderater supreme. He mods his cars, he mods these forums, and he mods idiot moronfaces quotes.
                              Threepeat.
                              Visit My Garage

Comment

Working...
                              X