What to buy with $300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to buy with $300?

I have an extra $300, and I want to put in in go fast mods, what would you buy if it was you? Or should I just put it in my "save up for massive N/A or FI power" jar?
    Eat ****.

get a head job.
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

LOL, I hella laughed when I first read that.
      That is one of the things that I was considering though. But I dont know much about the work that shops do on heads, aside from like p&p and such. But what is the difference between like a 3 and 5 angle valve job? Or any other type of head job u were thinknig.
      Eat ****.

Comment

Try out those cams from that Mike guy... He said something crazy like 10whp (which i find hard to believe, but I don't know much about it).
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

maybe, I think im gonna see if any other members get their cams thru him before I go spend money on it. Just to be safe. No offense to you mike
          Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
            get a head job.
            1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
            1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
            2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
            2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
              maybe, I think im gonna see if any other members get their cams thru him before I go spend money on it. Just to be safe. No offense to you mike
              So far nobody has contacted me to regrind BP cams, I've must of received at least 35 emails from different people but nobody serious yet.

I've regrinded B6 cams and got 13.2whp more than stock B6 cams on a modified 93 miata, resulted in 132whp. I've also done at least 20 sets of KL cams(Mazda 2.5L V6) and everyone in Probetalk or MX6.com is a happy camper.

The price $250 I've quoted to regrind and ship back your BP cams won't last forever. I will be revising all my prices in mid/late January.
              92 323 with BP DOHC
              ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

hey mike what is the difference between a 3angle and 5 angle valve job?

So his engine he goosed

Comment

get a head job.
                  A head job will cost him close to $1000. $600 to p&p, 3 angle valve job, new valve seals, shave head to increase compression. $85-110 for a new head gasket, $250-300 for labor.

BTW with the stock BP cams don't expect more than 5whp with that $1000 you've invested in your head job.
                  92 323 with BP DOHC
                  ported/polished head, regrinded cams, JUN adjustable cam gears, ported AFM, ported/knife edged intake manifold.

N/A project dropped.

Comment

hey mike what is the difference between a 3angle and 5 angle valve job?
                    In performance wise almost nothing don't expect more than 1whp difference. I find the 5 angle job is overated for the additional price difference. Just get a 3 angle valve job(30/45/60degrees) done on the heads and also add a 30 degree back cut to the underside of the valves and you're done.

If you want your heads done I can have them done at a super price, around $540US. This includes p&p, 3 angle head job, new valve seals, shave head to increase static compression ratio.
                    92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

with $300..hummmm..high compression pistons ?

well..here we can..i don't know there.

Comment

actually get a cam regrind. that will yield the biggest bang for buck. exp if you are going all motor.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

how much hp are you at now mike with the mods you got?
                          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

cams
                            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                              how much hp are you at now mike with the mods you got?
                              I haven't dynoed the car yet since I picked it up in mid-August and two moths ago I had the BP DOHC installed. I'm planning on doing everything before I hit the dyno. I will dyno by mid-April to early Mai since right now I've installed my winter tires and the engine still requires an exhaust system, CAI and other goodies.

I've ordered my Genie headers, I also got my adjustable cam gears, the only thing that I'm missing is the CAI and the exhaust system.
                              92 323 with BP DOHC

N/A project dropped.

Comment

Working...
                              X