RCA to Little Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCA to Little Jack

Does anyone know where I can get some good Audio RCA cables that go down to a single jack thats the size of a headphone. it cant be the end of a headphone jack exactly because headphones have like a dual pick up or something onthe end or something like that but I need one that is just mono.

Its to go to my AI-Net cable on my HU that has RCA inputs but my laptop only has a digital out with the single headphone sized jack.

Also will I even be able to tell a difference with some good cables and the cable I picked up at walmart?

I have one of those. It turns RCAs into a headphone jack. I have had it forever and don't know where I got it but I'm sure radioshack or a store like it will have them.
    02 Protege ES

Comment

yeah, go to radioshack. they have everything like that

Comment

no i know they have them im asking if there are good wires out there... like by stinger or of knueconcepts or whatever they are called or something like that.... ya know not ****ty wires... I already have the ****ty one

Comment

Re: RCA to Little Jack

it might be the fact that there is enough booze in me right now that I probably rival the antifreeze in my radiator ... but the original question about an adapter bothers me....

Originally posted by asylum24
          Does anyone know where I can get some good Audio RCA cables that go down to a single jack thats the size of a headphone. it cant be the end of a headphone jack exactly because headphones have like a dual pick up or something onthe end or something like that but I need one that is just mono.

Its to go to my AI-Net cable on my HU that has RCA inputs but my laptop only has a digital out with the single headphone sized jack.

Also will I even be able to tell a difference with some good cables and the cable I picked up at walmart? [/B]
          Best I can tell is that you are asking if there is a cable to convert a digital bitstream output to a pair of analog stereo inputs (RCA-L and RCA-R). If, that is the case... then you are SOL. To convert the digital signal to an analog one you are going to need some intermediary box (DAC - digital analog converter) to do the task for you. No simple cable, even expensive ones, in the word can covert a bit stream to an analog pair.
          --JJB--
          '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
          Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
          16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
          15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
          Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

no i dont need a box... i just need a cable wtih 2 rca plugs on one end and a headphone type jack on the other end... i have the cable now i just want a beter one

Comment

so, your laptop actually has an analog out that goes to the HU? What is really confusing me is that you are getting a two channel signal (the pair of RCAs) from a single channel (mono 1/8" jack) output.

Does the cable you have now just deliver the same signal to both the right and left channels?
              --JJB--

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass

Comment

no its a digital out and delivers its not the same on both channls

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                  no i know they have them im asking if there are good wires out there... like by stinger or of knueconcepts or whatever they are called or something like that.... ya know not ****ty wires... I already have the ****ty one

trust me, i've use $40 RCA's and $2 RCA's, and i couldn't tell the difference *if* you are getting noise induced through them, that would be when you want to find "nice" ones

Comment

Why do want a "nicer" one?

What's wrong with yours?

~HH

Comment

just figured it would sound better but if its not going to make that big of a differense then I wont.. and since blue said it doesnt im not going to

Comment

add that to that if it really is a digital out (and, sorry, I am still not convinced after reading the infromation on the dual RCA AI-Net device that you plug into the CDA-9813) then it is digital data and as long as you are not noticing glitches in the recovered audio then the cable quality is good enough. No expensive cable is going to make a digital bitstream sound better than a sufficient cheap cable.
                        --JJB--

Comment

Working...
                        X