finally swapped out horn pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally swapped out horn pad

well, after 2 weeks of my horn going off at 3 am, and my fat self running out to pull the fuse, ive replaced my horn pad. the dealer was friendly and efficent, and i swapped it in 15 minutes. very easy, and much better

told ya so
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

heh, might you have a part number on hand.. my buddy keeps trying to source a new pad for me, only to tell me it's going to run $110 bucks.. and thats the entire assembly. i'm on my second one as is, and this one is from a 91 lx.. this too has worn out and have been without horn for 2 months .
      peace

Comment

Dude! It's $15!!! WTF!!! It's just the horn contact pad

Comment

15 dollars and 2 cents. would you like the part number?

Comment

hahaha i took that joint apart myself. and added some foam in there myself that i had from things bein shipped to my house LOL. it worked nicely $0000.00 :D
            womp

Comment

Damn dude, I got mine in a junkyard.... That plus all the other stuff I got was $5, they probably would have given me the pad! $15 for that thing is still a bit salty

Which reminds me, mine is laying in my passenger seat still... Hmmmm...
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

its one of those things where i didnt want to bother with a used part...i was tired of teh thing going off at 3 am, and wanted to end it

Comment

maybe i'll stack my 'new' one and my defective one of top of each other... that way it'll be like a brand new part
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
                    its one of those things where i didnt want to bother with a used part...i was tired of teh thing going off at 3 am, and wanted to end it
                    this is the part where i laugh and you having to get your ass out of bed to pull the fuse...

:rofl:

but seriously it is a cheap part that wears out, might as well go new.
                    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                    So his engine he goosed
                    With much too much boost,
                    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

hey, sure as hell beats my happy stupid ass crawling out 3 in the morning, running for the wire cutters and cutting the wire at the horn itself, shorting out the horn, tail lights, and my automatic shifter thats what happens when you're tired and stupid.. you do stupid ****.. and still, i have no horn :p:
                      peace

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                        this is the part where i laugh and you having to get your ass out of bed to pull the fuse...

:rofl:

but seriously it is a cheap part that wears out, might as well go new.
                        to this i agree...its really cheap and worth it

Comment

i mean most junk yards dont have garauntees. how do you know that the part you have isn't 3 weeks away from death?
                          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                          So his engine he goosed
                          With much too much boost,
                          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

You know, I must not be enough of an #$$&*!@, because my horn still works. Never had a problem with it (other than it being too sensitive...I can write on my other cars horn pads without honking the horn...of course they have/had airbags hiding in them). :D
                            David Avard
                            '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
                            '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
                            '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

Well, hey, you're just lucky. My horn started randomly going off in the middle of the night, even though nobody was driving it. (It was uninsured while I was off at school). I'm not sure it has to do with agressiveness of pushing the horn. I hardly even know how to use mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X