Heater problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater problem

On the '94 DX. After the car warms up, I'm getting almost no heat into the interior. The supply hose on the right side of the core gets hot but the return(?) hose on the left side doesn't get hot, just warm. Blockage? If so, where should I look?

Thanks Guys............
    Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
    '56 VW Cal Ragtop
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

oh no. i hope it isn't a blockage in the heater core. that is a huge job involving ripping out your whole dash.
    Last edited by Protoss; 12-03-2003, 01:21 AM.
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Someone with a manual.

Is there a valve somewhere that can be changed? You know, whatever it is you move when you push the temp control over to heat.

I'd look in mine, but it and the car are 1600 miles away.
      David Avard
      '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
      '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
      '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

my car has the same problem, I have an extra heater core sittting here and im going to swap them and see if that makes a diffrence. I will post what happens.

Comment

sorry for reviving an old thread, but my question is that does the dashboad top have to come out for the heater core to come out? or can i just remove the steering wheel level panels and pull the heater core out?

Comment

dash has to come out to replace it along with takeing apart some of the heater control unit. and no there is not a valve that can be replaced. our cars use a cold air door as apposed to a heater control valve.
            mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

damn, i thought i'd get away with just the lower dash panels off, since I have to tackle those screws that are close to the windshield!!!

Comment

its actually not that bad, jsut get a stubby screwdriver
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Holy Resurrecting Threads Batman!!!!
                  I first posted this over 2.5 years ago, totally forgot about it. And no, the core is still not fixed.
                  '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

well, Im in the northern part of the country, so when this problem becomes worse, you really suffer.... thats why my questions before the winter kicks in heavy!

Comment

Originally posted by whistler
                      well, Im in the northern part of the country, so when this problem becomes worse, you really suffer.... thats why my questions before the winter kicks in heavy!
                      I hear that.

It's getting friggen cold out, FAST. It's 40* here right now.

Comment

nooooooooo to the end of summer

Comment

Originally posted by esmacmil
                          nooooooooo to the end of summer
                          Friggen sucks hairy goat ass. Got so cold last night.

Ummm, and yeah, fix your damn heater core Bill and Whistler.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                            Friggen sucks hairy goat ass. Got so cold last night.

Ummm, and yeah, fix your damn heater core Bill and Whistler.
                            Nope, not my problem. It's the older kids car. He's being a dumbass, and I'm not about to kill myself fixing it.
                            BTW, it only got into the low 90's today, so kiss my ass-I'd love to have to wear a coat right now.
                            '56 VW Cal Ragtop

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
                              BTW, it only got into the low 90's today, so kiss my ass-I'd love to have to wear a coat right now.
                              Damn, I busted out the fall jacket this morning. The leaves are all turning and starting to fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X