Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheels shaking

i just bought some rims from proto2k.
    everything is great, its just that 2 tires are almost worn, but the car shakes really bad. i have had the tires balanced and aligned. what else can it be? the mechanic said it was still going to shake a little bit because of the 2 worn tires, but shoot, its shakes a whole lot. what should i do?

www.floridamazdaclub.com

Protege is going back to stock...its time for a change...she will be traded in soon.

For Sale:
    4 17" exel TZ 7 rims w/2 good tires (other 2 need to be replaced) -- $150

you answered it yourself, most likely the tires have uneven wear and you installed it in different locations than they were driven in, and now you feel the uneven wear on them.

put on some new tires and it should solve the shake issue

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

oh, and make sure all the lugnuts on the wheels are tightened up correctly. Shouldn't be an issue if a shop mounted the wheels onto your car, but definitely check it if you installed teh wheels yourself.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

thanks. the nuts where checked
        that's what i thought....

thanks

www.floridamazdaclub.com

Protege is going back to stock...its time for a change...she will be traded in soon.

For Sale:
        4 17" exel TZ 7 rims w/2 good tires (other 2 need to be replaced) -- $150

Comment

The two worn tires were mounted on the rear of the car. Glad you got it fixed, I was starting to think I sold you some messed up ****.

Comment

Working...
          X