first oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first oil change

well just rolled 3500 miles, and i went through the escapade of changing the oil - never thought finding an oil filter would be so tough lol. anyways i tried full synthetic and we'll see how that goes, just thought id let all know.

2003 Sunlight Silver ES 5 Speed
    www.cardomain.com/id/bigwoo23

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

I hear that once you go with synthetic, then that is it. Is that true? I just stick to the regular oil changes myself. I am too poor to give it the best, but at least I change it every 3-4K miles unlike some people that I know.
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Comment

Good choice on using the synthetic. That is all I use. May I also recommend running premium gas all the time as well.

Comment

.. and while your at it.. can you **** me some bricks of gold?

synthetic is always the best... but once you use it.. you gotta stay with it, or have your engine flushed, then start back from scratch.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
        RB springs
        Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
        MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek
          .. and while your at it.. can you **** me some bricks of gold?
          We'll have to wait and see about that one. But I'll see what I can do.:p:

Comment

Re: first oil change

Originally posted by bigwoo23
            well just rolled 3500 miles, and i went through the escapade of changing the oil - never thought finding an oil filter would be so tough lol. anyways i tried full synthetic and we'll see how that goes, just thought id let all know.
            Just out of curiosity, how long have you had your car?

Comment

ive had the car since sept 20

There seems to be an epidemic in MI, everyone seems to think that painting your car isn't cool anymore, and people drive around with more primer than paint. What is the world coming to?

Comment

hey what about synthetic blend, do i have to follow the same rules for full synthetic? im posting for a friend btw

Comment

OK, I drive too much. I got mine in mid-July and I just hit 11k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                    OK, I drive too much. I got mine in mid-July and I just hit 11k miles.
                    don't feel bad. I got mine oct 20th and I broke 6K on the way to work this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Freek

synthetic is always the best... but once you use it.. you gotta stay with it, or have your engine flushed, then start back from scratch.
                      Can't you move from synthetic to regular oil, but not regular to synthetic?

Comment

Originally posted by gcs118
                        Can't you move from synthetic to regular oil, but not regular to synthetic?
                        the standard move is from regular oil to synthetic. our cars come with regular oil. unless you have the engine flushed one you go synthetic there is no going back. you need to stay with the same brand of synthetic as well due to different polymer composition between the different brand oils.

Comment

What are you calling BS on?

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                          RB springs
                          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                          MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

well i dont feel so bad anymore, i guess im not so bad afterall

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                              edwin, please explain, to just say BS (although you are probably right) is a bit vague.

Comment

Working...
                              X