• Show
Clear All

New kid on the block

99 protege SE owner.

mornin.
    Visit My Garage

afternoon

Comment

this may eb a dumb quetion, but what the hek is and SE? i've only heard of Dx/lx/es......
      Visit My Garage

Comment

I believe the SE is the Canadian version of the ES.

Comment

any way i can confirm my engine sizes and such?
          what kind of shape does that leave me in for modding?
          Visit My Garage

Comment

SE is the canadian version of a DX, actually.
            lowest end Protege... 1.6L engine in the 2001+.

just to make sure, why did you buy a car without knowing anything about it?

to look for mods, look in the FAQ and anything that refers to a 99DX will fit your car... for tires/rims, consult 1010tires.com or tiretrends.com

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
            RB springs
            Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
            MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

heeh well heres how it all went down.
              I owned a volvo station wagon, 88. best car i'll ever own.
              Driving to teh beach one day random bitch runs a stop sign and t bones me, writting my volvo off.
              I now am faced with being a college student who is leaving for ontario in 4 days and am supposed to be driving, but now has no car.
              I car shop fro 3 days straight, searching in vain for anything in my price range, but that is going to last me fro a while. one day I'm test driving a nissan tehn bam! this 99 prot rolls up fresh off a lease back by some old lady with 64 000 km on it (not miles, kms) I go down the road check out the value and it's listed at 12 500 $ way out of my price range, i start talkign to teh guy who already knows I said I was only going to spend 10. He says he'll give it to me for around 10 + taxes since i told him i would be buying within a day. I said no deal and went home, by the time I get home htere is a message on ym answering machine telling me to pick it up teh following afternoon, it's mine for 10 including tax, and not to tell his boss.

long story short, i stole the car out from under him (keep in mind cdn funds)

so yeah I went to ontario and did my thing, and recently developed an intrest in modding. make sense?
              Visit My Garage

Comment

Was the Volvo a 740 or 240? Those things are wicked.
                2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

wlecome to clubprotege iceman. sorry to hear about the volvo. my mom had a 240 from 79 to 99 it was a great car. but now you are "one of us" hehehehe. I hope you get as mush enjoyment out of the pro as you did the volvo.

Comment

well i had a 88 volvo 740 GL luxury package sunroof heated seats etc. mirror defrost rear windsheild wiper you anme it.
                    the prot is more of a sporty car. I wanna know if my SE is worth modding at all or will i get any speed and performance increase out of it if I try?
                    Visit My Garage

Comment

it's worth modding.
                      just mod carefully.... don't like toss in a 30psi turbo or anything.. that'll just blow you up.
                      is it 5spd or auto?

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                      RB springs
                      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

"i tactfully choose not to answer that question. auto =/
                        Visit My Garage

Comment

AWWWWWWW MAN another auto, whats this world coming too??? good to have you here.
                          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                          225.94wtq
                          torque monster!!!!
                          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

don't worry gold, somewhere on ym list of "todos" is a tranny mod.
                            I'm willing to say the car is in such good shape that it's worth it, the plastic wrapping was still in the trunk.
                            Visit My Garage

Comment

well thats a plus, but do0d the tranny swap is harsh, son of a biachhhhh. but good luck with it.
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                              X