scuffed paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scuffed paint

Got a scuff in my paint after a run in with a montero. Chick swerved across 3 lanes of traffic to get into a turn lane and said she didn't even look. The car wasn't even hers, her car was in the shop from another accident.......ain't life grand? Anyway, not too bad on damage, she just kissed me. Ended up with scuffed paint and a broken plastic wheel well piece. Anyone know what kind of wax I could try and use to buff out the scuff in the finish. Didn't even reach the paint, just the clearcoat. That and does anyone know where I can buy another plastic piece and how much? Thanks a lot for the help again guys.
    02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

okay depends on where you live, any car store should ahve the buff wax or touch up aint you require, a little elbow work adn you should be fine. I would reccomend Canadian Tire if there is one near you.
    As far as teh plastic peice goes, what exactly is it? talk to your dealer or *gasp* an autosalvage yard, you could probably get one for 5 $.
    Visit My Garage

Comment

It's the plastic piece that lines the wheel well to keep things from being flicked up into the engine. Thanks for the help, I'm in FL too if that matters.
      02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

Comment

yeah as far as taht plastic peice goes, it shouldn't be to hard to get ahols of, I deffiantly think money wise a salvage yard is teh way to go. any mechanic or auto pro could reccomend a place to touch your car up, or may even do it for free if it's only a quick buff job on a scuff, depends on if your a regular.
        Visit My Garage

Comment

can you have her pay for it since she hit you?

Comment

Hmmm. It kinda sucks not being able to see how bad the scuff is but ....Mothers has a scratch remover and a three stage wax system that works pretty well. Your best bet is to use a orbital buffer to get better results. However, if that doesnt work you will have to use a high speed buffing method with a rubbing compound. NOTE: High speed can and will burn your paint if not used correctly. If it does come to that stage I would HIGHLY recomend a pro to do it. Unfortunately it would most likely be done at a bodyshop. Hopefully you know someone that knows how to do it and may give you a break in price. Good luck.
            " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
            Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
            Painted calipers
            Injen CAI
            Custom exhaust
            Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

scuffs and light scratches

Just a hint, the original toothpaste....not the gel.
              Is one of the best"soft abrassives to use on paint.
              Due to its contents,there is enough abrassive material to remove scuffs when applied in a moist hase....but won't harm your paint.
              I learned this years ago with all my road bike tank scuffs.Since then i swear by it.
              kevin & karen liphard
              ESSENTIAL SPEED, ontario. canada.
              "when speed is Essential"

Comment

Another product I would recommend is scratch X made by meguiars it helped my cousin get out some of the scratches that a fence left on his car when the wind smashed it into his rear bumper.

Comment

Working...
                X