mad shakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mad shakes

Since i got my e12k.44 installed in my car... EVERYTHING shakes... which is a good sign, cuz i play everything really loud.
    next winter is new speakers and new HU, but until then, I gotta optimize what i've got..

my prob now is that everything in my *dash* is shaking.. is that right? my buddy has the e12k.14 in a sealed in a Sentra SpecV, and his dash doesn't rattle nearly as loudly as mine...
    i'm thinkin of getting a new bracket/pod for my HU, seeing as the crap one i have rattles when the stereo is off... (where do i buy a good one?)

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
    RB springs
    Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
    MP3 front bumper conversion

you'll have to find out exactly what is rattling in your dash, and fix it on a case by case basis which kit are you using now? there are 3 or 4 available now, maybe more your rear dash doesn't rattle? that's usually the worst for our cars

Comment

yeah... the rear dash is driving me nuts.. at first, i didn't mind it, but now i really notice.
      i just really need to replace the HU kit.
      what i have now is from Futureshop.. they installed my kit, originally, but i want something a little nice... not so rattly..

i gotta do the doors and the licence plate in the spring.... can't pimp around town with that going on. hehehe..
      do you know of a good insulator? i was just gonna get some eDead... heard it's pretty much all the same...

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
      RB springs
      Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
      MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

I used Brown Bread from the B-QUIET guys. Good stuff and much cheaper than Dynamat.
        I had a long thread about this project on the protegeclub board. Here's a link: follow me (scroll down for pics if you're too lazy to read and learn )
        Last edited by Intruder; 12-08-2003, 10:13 PM.

Comment

dave cameron recomended noise killer, which i'll be trying. i've used all types of dynamat as well as rammat. but basically it's all very similar

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
            dave cameron recomended noise killer, which i'll be trying. i've used all types of dynamat as well as rammat. but basically it's all very similar
            with Brown Bread my rear dash is not rattling, not even the third brake light. I can't tell if it was rattling before cuz I didn't have a subwoofer back then, but it's all silent now. the only rattle is coming from places that are impossible to cover with material and the rattle is due to poor door construction. Point in case being that no matter what material you choose, they're all gonna be equally good for your application. Choose the one with the best price/quantity ratio.

Comment

Working...
            X