Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my fuel related problem ( continuation )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my fuel related problem ( continuation )

not sure but some of you might know of this problem i've been having w/ my beloved protege.

the problem is that every time i turn right, or stop abruptly or accelerate to hard, i loose power, the car just wants to die. after changing fuel filter, i finally got around to changing the fuel pump on the weekend.

I picked up the pump for a local junkyard. put the pump in the car and the car was fine for about 2 days. and back to the same thing.

i'm begining to think it another part of my fuel system or my car is just ****ed.

on a side note, i'm betting if i pu my old pump in there, it'll be fine for two days and revert back to the same problem. i'm stumped.
    i've wasted enough money on this poor sohc. maybe a mazda3 or give up on mazda and move on to my real love, nissan.

any ideas?
    Current Cars
    94 DX, 97 Corolla
    Past Cars 92 LX(CDN), 89 CIVIC DX, 93 Teg, 93 MX-3

If you ever change cars, keep me in mind. I may want some various interior parts.
    My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
    - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

i had a similiar issue. only i had trouble when my tank was 1/2 full or less. i changed my FPR, and fuel filter on the firewall, and intank punp/filter. it didn't fix the problem but it did help.
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

my problem was fixed by bending the fuel draw feed tube thats in the tank... as well as replacing the gas tank and running all of the **** throught the old filter until it caught all the big ****. then i replaced teh fuel filter as well... by this time tho the old fuel pump filter had been clogged so bad it wasn't able to get enough fuel. so i replaced that as well.... and poof... magic no more fuel starvation
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

the cars fuel starve on long right hand sweepers....that's just what they do. Baffle the tank if you're so inclined, but a better idea would just be to have more gas when you race.
          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

That sucks you're still having the problem. This happened in my 323 one time, i was flying around a right-hander onramp to see how fast she could take it, and it just like died for about 3 seconds, it scared the **** out of me! I had like a 1/4 tank at the time. That's the only time I ever noticed it, but I don't reallly drive my cars hard very often.
            Dan
            dreesemonkey

Comment

i don't race the car at all, its like taking an exit ramp or an on ramp, thats when it happens. just as i'm trying to speed up to merge, can be really scary
              Current Cars
              94 DX, 97 Corolla
              Past Cars 92 LX(CDN), 89 CIVIC DX, 93 Teg, 93 MX-3

Comment

Working...
              X