Ok Ok I Need Some Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Ok I Need Some Help!!!

I have a 00' protege Lx and i'm wantin to spruce the motor up, but i'm afraid since it's an automatic I'm not left with a lot of options exept an intake!!! Anyone wanna shed some light on me and my prot!!!!
    Attached Files
    "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

got boost? I'm not to familiar with the non-turbo pro's but that I know of you can get and intake and exhaust, paint your valve cover or get/make custom mounting brackets and add a carbon fiber or painted plastic valve cover. add body color matching sleeves on all of the wiring. BPT swap, boost the stock motor....umm that is all I can think of...now that I have said my part let the Protege Gods step in and tell you what is really up...

Comment

well Madmoiselle chic....
      I also own a Automatic and well I'm looking into shift kits, manual body valves and maybe a tranny mod .
      If it turns out that they aern't to costly i'll start my other work.
      Visit My Garage

Comment

intake, header, and exhaust. the auto tranny can't take much torque, so while a turbo kit would work, how long the tranny holds up is another story i've got a '99 LX, and have completely given up on making it fast i just make it loud

Comment

lol i like ur approach!! I'm basically all sho my self but i do like to have a lil fun!!!!
          "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

Yeah with an automatic you really aren't left with too many options. Many people blow their engines and trannies with turbos on automatics. I gave up on speed too, I realized that alot of the stuff I wanted to get would only slow me down and I was okay with it. Turbos are cool but they just don't mix with 18" wheels.

To feed the need for speed and fast driving, get a friend with a fast car, and drive thiers when you feel the urge. Right now my friend is in the process of building a 400hp Grand Am, so I no longer desire a turbo, I will just drive his car.

Comment

This all depends on how much money you have/want to spend. The auto tranny should be able to handle up to 8psi of boost if you are looking to turbo.

If you want to spend less, you can always buy an intake. Mind you, you will loose some low end torque but your highend will have more kick. Combine this with an exhaust and/or header and you will definately have a peppier ride.

You can also get a ground kit. How much actual power this will help free up is still debatable. In theory, you should gain 1 or 2 hp on a 2 litre engine. However, that is hardly enough to notice. But you will get some cosmetic gains as well, your headlights will no longer dim from power draw and you won't get shocks getting out of your car.
              2002 Blackmica P5
              CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

i frigging need that, i get static shock everytime i get out.
                Visit My Garage

Comment

yeah i was wondering about the shock thing, everytime i get out i get shocked.
                  .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                  225.94wtq
                  torque monster!!!!
                  dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                  http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                  http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

how much does one of these grounding kits run you for?
                    Visit My Garage

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman112k3
                      how much does one of these grounding kits run you for?
                      They usually run about $100. I think someone 'round here or the other site has the "how to" make your own at a cheaper price.
                      " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
                      Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
                      Painted calipers
                      Injen CAI
                      Custom exhaust
                      Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

its costly but if you want you could always do the fs_ze swap ... and if you are already doing that might as well make it manual :-P but thats an amazing amount of cash

Comment

^^
                          as far as my understanding goes, the FS_ZE doesn't take to turboing very well... may as well spend the cash and get a turbo and manual tranny.
                          wait a year or 2 for manual trannies, enough of them will be in junkyards you'll get them for a steal (trade your A/T for the M/T)

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
                          RB springs
                          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
                          MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

although they may not handle a turbo setup well they have about 170hp ... which is better than the 1.6l automatics 105, 77 at the wheels, i drive an automatic 1.6l and it is god awful slow, and even so , a 170hp stock engine is better than an engine boosted to 150 its faster and will laster longer since your not running a turbo

Comment

yeah, the 1.6 is slow
                              and i given up to upgrade the engine compartment
                              with something to give it extra ponies at a low reasonable cost
                              so i am working with suspension and looks

it is doable to do all the above, turbo, change mode of tranny's, or even motor

but you need funds to do that, and not everybody will be able to do that, and or willing to spend so much time in that .

it will be cool to see it happen, but it is sure as hell, i ain't going to be doing it.

i recommend just adding intake, exhast, cams, and just enjoy the fake meaness of the car.

and fix up the suspension and enjoy the handling of the car

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Working...
                              X