Non turbo Tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non turbo Tranny?

I called a local importer and he offered me a non turbo AWD transmission. He said turbo is 600$ and non turbo is 350$? WTF? what is this non turbo transmission from japan i've never heard of?

Probably the same as the US 4wd tranny.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Could be, i think i'll stay away from it.

Comment

There's no difference between the BF GTX tranny, and the one they stuck in the BG 4wd protege. Same locking centerdiff, same popsicle stick+ chewing gum internals. The difference is, one of them was in a 134hp turbo hatch with pretentions of grandeur, and the other one was in a 100hp anemic little grocery getter and probably never driven over the speed limit. If that's what you're looking for, it's quite possible that the non-turbo one is in better shape. What car are you looking to put it in?
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I decided to stay away from these guys and their JDM non turbo tranny... didn't seem to know much by themselves. I got a gtx tranny from another place for 450 CAN with shift cables and both lower mounts. It actually just arrived and we pulled it off the engine. First time i've seen the VJ20 in person, whoa, tiny little thing. Now I need to pull out my auto blown POS tranny and put the manual in.

Comment

Working...
          X