Another annoying GTX swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another annoying GTX swap thread

I want to make my car fast like the Skyline in Grand Tourismo... so I'm doing a GTX swap

I know all the answers are some where in the 20 sticky threads above but I really don't feel like lookign and I know some of you are just dying to drop the knowledge on a noob like bombs on hiroshima!

My first issue is wiring. My car is a 95 mercury tracer. The engine is a JDM GTX. The wiring that came with the engine was hacked to **** so I'm starting from scratch. I have a complete harness from a 5-speed 94 GT including the fuse box and injector harness. I also have an ecu harness from an automatic 90 protege LX. My first question is...

Which ecu harness should I modify and dare I say it......... how?
    I have the GTX ecu as well as the correct air meter (vane meter?). The GTX turbo setup is intact, but I feel like there may be some sort of boost controlling solenoid missing from the scene. I'm fairly certain I can make do with a manual boost controller.

My second question has to do with the fuel rails and GT regulator VS the GTX regulator. I swapped over the GT fuel rail and would like to know if I can do the same with the GT regulator. The only reason to do this is to retain the ford quick connectors and not have to cut into the fuel lines. Is this an option?

Third question is all about the boost! Whats the wastegate on the VJ-20 set at? I'll be running a stock fuel pump for a week or so and probably won't have an intercooler for that length of time either. I'd like to run as little boost as possible for those few days so I don't go and blow something up before I get a chance to get everything up to snuff (I need to move the car about 30 miles from my shop to my job where the IC piping and exhaust will be finalized)

And the last question (for now): Where do I find a gasket for the GTX downpipe?

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Here are a few pics of the swap:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...-run_18851.htm

corksport sells the gasket, you dont' need to have the wastegate solenoid.
    Im selling my harness if you really don't feel like dinking with it.

What are the specs on your Web cams??? & how much did that run you?

Keep the GT regulator it has a better psi rating.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thanks for the info. Would you happen to know what the actual differences are in the regulators? Does anyone sell an adjustable one for these fuel rails?

PM me some info/price on your harness. I'm definitely interested if it's that big of an issue to modify the stock ones.

Web sells the cams for around $500-$550 plus the cost of new cams. So around $800 or so total plus shipping depending who you get them from.

specs: lift .352 Duration 225 Duration@.050 lift 205

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...-run_18851.htm

Comment

Working...
      X