24 Hours of Lemons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 Hours of Lemons

Well, just got back from my long haul adventure up to the race and back. Won't talk about my race much, unless you all really want to hear about it (I wasn't in a Mazda, or a fwd for that matter). There was a blue GTX and a blue Festiva with some kind of engine swap (I think) in the race. What a blast, this was my first time swapping paint and body dents with other cars. Truely a unique experience to be a couple inches away from another car at 60mph, in a corner without actually hitting them (mostly). In the last 10 minutes of the 15 hour race, our car did seems to get the most impressive damage, with me driving. Trying to lean into a 60's vintage hurse tends to move your own cars metal around more than his.

-Jon R.

were you driving the lincoln mark 7 or some such? wtf racing was putting down some f-ing fast laps man! blast to watch. that hurse was funny, there wasnt much that could touch him and do any damage, although that crown vic tried and ran into the tractor tires for his trouble. thats why that one tire was in the way the last hour of the race. that gtx was cool! those miatas must have been way more than $500!

our excursion to watch the race can be found here: (really more fishing and camping than race watching, but it was fun none the less.)

Last edited by prakashkamath; 07-10-2007, 12:49 AM.
    ---prakash

Comment

Yeah, we had the white and gold Mark VII. We got black flagged a few times (4) for spilling gas on the track. The organizer wasn't to pleased the last time around. We finally found the gasket we needed, off of one of the DNF'd Thunderbirds. Our fastest lap was 56.xx seconds, fastest car at the track set about 51.5 seconds.

-Jon R.

Comment

Working...
      X