blaupunky san francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blaupunky san francisco

is this HU as craked up as its is supposed to be? i know about the normal hu like alpine, pioneer, blablabla.

it comes with a mic that is supposed to auto tune the 4 band parametric eq to the acoustics of the car, and while driving down the road its supposed to rechange it.hu

its also got some digital tuner and
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

well, i had the old model, and loved it:D but it didn't like high 140 dB's killed one each week for 2 weeks, till i told my distributor to just credit the money towards a new amp since you are planning on getting a XXX, i highly recommend you don't get this head unit. yeah, it's great, but it doesn't like a lot of bass dave cameron has or had one in one of his cars and liked it a lot, too.

Comment

do you like you jvc well or is there another you were perfer to stand up to extreme amount of bass
      '02 classic red p5

Comment

alpine's most expensive models offered the custom tailored acoustics.. very high tech, however, the crap had to be downloaded, the blaupunkt's microphone makes it one of the only head units of it's kind. the new (?) san francisco has that 13 band EQ, four sets of 5 volt preouts, the 33 rms watts... i mean, i thiink this is the very best of german stereo design... for your car! i mean, the 33 rms/65 peak is appealing, but usually, you get a head unit of this caliber for amplification, not for headunit born power... so in my opinion, it's a knock out stand alone, even better WITH amplifiers. i remember hearing the sound room at one of my local import shops, the head unit ain't bad at all... ran cadence 6.5's and boston pro series 6.5's with NO problem... of course, thats a sound room, and the acoustics are ****ed up, but i wouldn't see why it doesn't do what it says.... whether it's worth the $500 to $600 for the head unit... thats left to be said.
        peace

Comment

you dont "download it" exactly you just burn the little file to a disk... and stick it into the 9815and mine (9813) has it except I have to do it mannually with a print out.... now if you are talkin about the brand spankin new, state of teh art Alpine F1 Status Headunit that puts you back $2300 (1900 dealer cost) then well I hope its has Ipersonalize.... I really dont want to set up the 28(yes 28) Onboard EQ band... would take a day and half manually... The store I got to had one in so we were gonna hook it up in my car to see how it was... couldnt install the damn thing...the installer has to go to a week long training course on how to install and work the damn thing...a week long to figure out a damn HU!

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
            do you like you jvc well or is there another you were perfer to stand up to extreme amount of bass
            well, i haven't been able to get my JVC to skip, so i'd recomend them pioneers are good about skipping too, and i think alpines too, but not positive

Comment

wait are u saying they are good about skipping... I haent had mine skip yet

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                wait are u saying they are good about skipping... I haent had mine skip yet
                1st, you don't have enough bass to make one skip:p and 2nd, i meant that they don't skip easily

Comment

i do to have enough bass! lolyea i know i cold use more but ohwell...but drivng down my girlfriends gravel road everyday hasnt skipped it when I could go like 50 down hit but now with the damn kit I gota go like 10... damn gravel likes to eat my front end

Comment

I got the Alpine that I have right now to skip when it was in my 91 Eclipse. I had the exact same set up except SoundStream SPL12s instead of the Elemental Design subs. I think it was partly do to it being in a hatch which gave the bass a boost with the car's acoustics. It would have to be on a bass CD like the one I burned for you Blue. Don't remember which track, but it skipped. Another guy who had 4 SPL160's and 2000 Watts of power going to just the subs in a BP enclosure had to listen to his CDs in his Changer because it had a better antishock mechanism. It was too loud for me. It hurt, I had to hold my nose because it was vibrating so badly that it "itched" and was plain out obnoxious as hell!!! Of course new battery, a monster alternator, and 1/0 gauge throughout was necessary. He won 2nd in SPL contest to a guy featured in AutoSound & Security with an Astrovan with 56 8's!!! I wish I could have witnessed the event, but passing finals was more important and took all my time.
                    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                    Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                      i do to have enough bass!
                      no school-yard yelling please...
                      hehe, actually, ur alpines can get pretty loud, tho i'm not sure enuff to make ur hu skip... i wonder if they'll come out with the type-x subs...?
                      -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
                      >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
                      **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

Originally posted by onehawaiian
                        no school-yard yelling please...
                        hehe, actually, ur alpines can get pretty loud, tho i'm not sure enuff to make ur hu skip... i wonder if they'll come out with the type-x subs...?
                        that would be sweet alpine coming out with a sub to compete with W7's and brahma's:p:

Comment

i might also be like the kenwood comp subs
                          '02 classic red p5

Comment

and I owuld be there pounding them away.... they have their type X speakers so they need to get tehir type X subs out..

Comment

Working...
                            X