• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue gauge light (pic)

Finally i got a pic of my blue lights
    What do u think ?
    Attached Files
    Mazda 323 -92, (B6-ME) tropic emerald metallic aka bluish green mica, 17" Team Dynamics Tornado, -60mm weitec, Kyb GR2, GTx bumpers, custom gf dash, custom door panels, a pilars, blue led gauge lights..

Coming... 323 GTX (BG)

looks really good.
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I remember that someone replaced the little 'condoms' and the light was sort of blueish but nothing like the pic. Did you just replace the bulbs? Maybe the Euro clusters are different???
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
      -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

i think he just replaced the bulbs (maybe the slip on condoms too) but i recently tried red bulbs....i don't advise it. While the numbers and such are a very nice RED, not pink, it's a bitch to see the dang needles (as i can see that might be a prob by the pic above)

I have ideas on how to remedy this, but it's a **** load of work and i really don't care that much to pursue it further...

Comment

where did you get those i want some for my pro but i want red

Comment

I like but agree about seeing the needles
            1991 Protege DX 5- Speed.Tilt Wheel Cone filter with adapter. Red with Black interior
            1989 Mustang lx 5.0 vert Blue with white leather interior,pulleys and fender mount cold air kit FOR SALE

Comment

Wow, thats pretty damn cool. How DID you do that?
              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

There are 2 superbright leds / each light socket. And the needles are quite hard to see from that angle, i painted them white but i'm going for a glowing needles from a 626.
                Mazda 323 -92, (B6-ME) tropic emerald metallic aka bluish green mica, 17" Team Dynamics Tornado, -60mm weitec, Kyb GR2, GTx bumpers, custom gf dash, custom door panels, a pilars, blue led gauge lights..

Coming... 323 GTX (BG)

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                  i think he just replaced the bulbs (maybe the slip on condoms too) but i recently tried red bulbs....i don't advise it. While the numbers and such are a very nice RED, not pink, it's a bitch to see the dang needles (as i can see that might be a prob by the pic above)

I have ideas on how to remedy this, but it's a **** load of work and i really don't care that much to pursue it further...
                  I didn't have any problem with this on my DX... but I have not duplicated the mod on the LX.
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

i just got a cut bezle off of gtamotorsports on ebay (dude sells TONS of brushed steel finished bezels) and i look on taking this install as well as some new bulbs for the back.. i still have to decipher for myself what the hell's goin on back there, but i'll keep ya posted.
                    peace

Comment

Looks Awesome

I tried to do that before procarparts came out with the reverse gauges. I first put blue bulb covers that resulted in a different shade from the stock green. So I learned that stock faces have green tint to them. So then my dumbass goes out and buys yellow covers thinking yellow bulbs plus green tint would equal blue on the outside................NOT!!! Just another shade of green.

Hats off to you, Totally Wicked Bro
                      Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

looks good, the tach looks faint.
                        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!
                        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Blue needle kit would set that off IMO
                          Want Projector Headlights ?

Comment

that's very cool...
                            i like how that looks
                            i've wanted to do that since i got my car, but i don't even know where to start...
                            justin
                            Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
                            installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

Originally posted by cablemirc
                              i've actually thought about replacing the needles with transparent lexan needles, or whatever they are, and heat the needles on the fuel/temp gauges off to replace them, since they always break when you pull them. then LED ringlighting the needles would be a snap.

the needles are very easy to remove, you just need a short bladed knife, like a swiss army knive, slide it under the black part of the needle and go around in a circle "twisting" the blade, forcing the needle up, it comes off and goes back on flawlessly
                              No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
                              X