Wiring help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring help!!!

i'm new to club protege, and i have a question out there. i have a 95 mx3 rs and i swapped a bpt gtx. motor and tranny but not starting yet. right now i'm running the motor off of my stock mx3 harness. the mx3 harness has 6 little wires that plugs into the distributor but the gtx distributor only has 4 little wires. can anyone tell me which two wires i don't need or is there another suggestion?

Hello Tony!!

Tony Welcome Sir!

I have been out of State for several days and no PC access.
    I sincerily am sorry for the delay in your reply, and see no other replies so, I will recommend that you direct this question to the big Cheese bpt323 as he is the most knowlegable person of this question I know on here, and the Administrator of CP. Give him a Personal Message

Again Tim, congrats for joining us. I think it's best website on the www.

I'm glad your here!
    David

Originally posted by rinkadink67 View Post
    i'm new to club protege, and i have a question out there. i have a 95 mx3 rs and i swapped a bpt gtx. motor and tranny but not starting yet. right now i'm running the motor off of my stock mx3 harness. the mx3 harness has 6 little wires that plugs into the distributor but the gtx distributor only has 4 little wires. can anyone tell me which two wires i don't need or is there another suggestion?
    David
    sigpic Ky

Comment

rinkadink67 you need to find access to Mx3 wiring diagrams & also state more information about the mx3. such as original motor & year.

I'll move this to a seperate thread so you may gather more posts & replies

Ryan
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

you have a 95 mx-3 Rs which uses a hybrid OBD1 and OBDII wiring system... you will have to do some wiring to get it to work right. i know the plug pin out for that will be way different ... which ECU are you using also on www.mx-3.com you can find the shop manual that might tell you the pinout is... as to the 4 wires going to the disti i'm not sure but i htink i have a GTX / GTR / BP wire harness pinout PM me your emial

also ryan the spreadsheet i have should be made available to all members i can email it to you if you want and you can somehow put it up on the site after you look it over and correct any errors if you want
        In the Garage
        Black 93 MX-3 GS
        Bp powered
        GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
        MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Working...
        X