crash with a bookshelf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crash with a bookshelf

I went on a fishing trip over the weekend and came back to find my wife had crashed the LX into a bookshelf. She actually clipped the side of it, she was following someone really close behind made to pass and suddenly she saw a bookshelf in the lane she was heading for! She clipped the front bumper, knocking it loose and putting a good size hole in it. Also took out the plastic piece in the wheel well. I'm guessing the the bumper is a total loss nad will have to be replaced (I'll look at some aftermarket designs and see what's out there.) For now though I'm more worried about the wheel well. Any idea how much this is goign to cost? I think that the plastic piece under the engine was also ripped off. After a look at the engine and such, that all seems to be ok, no leaks or dents that I can see. The wheel also is surprisingly in good shape.
    I've found a bumper cover for $20 + s&h but now I'm looking for the part numbers/names for the wheel well coverings and engine coverings. I beleive that I've found the engine cover(splash sheild) for about $17 but am unsure as to what it actually is. I should have pics of the missing peices in a day or two.
    2003 Protege5
    Midnight Blue MTX
    2002 Protege LX
    Black Mica MTX

Could have been worse... The bookcase could have been in someone's living room at the time she crashed into it. :D
    ~Mark.
    2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

Comment

Could have been worse... The bookcase could have been in someone's living room at the time she crashed into it.
      A few weeks ago at my dad's apartment complex, a elderly gentleman ran into a wall of an old lady's apartment just about giving the old lady a heart attack!
      2003 Protege5
      Midnight Blue MTX
      2002 Protege LX
      Black Mica MTX

Comment

Damn , you should have a serious talk to her about that type of stuff...

At least she didn't hit a car behind the bookshelf ..
        Bruce
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 02dx
          Could have been worse... The bookcase could have been in someone's living room at the time she crashed into it. :D
          Thats what I thought happened when with the title of this thread.
          My OLD Car

Comment

Here is the pics of the accident. Anyone know the name of the part that is gone out of the wheel well?
            2003 Protege5
            Midnight Blue MTX
            2002 Protege LX
            Black Mica MTX

Comment

I think they're fender liners or something. Shouldn't cost too much to get fixed besides the bumper.
              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

yeah, it's the fender liner.. i was trying to find my work order for my accident in january which had the part number listed on it. i cant find it. i had to have it replaced too.. the cost was cheap. call up junkyards for something like that though.
                -mike lucero
                1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                  its in the faq
                  He's here.
                  My OLD Car

Comment

Originally posted by icynelly
                    He's here.
                    Edwin has always been here.
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                      Edwin has always been here.
                      Yea but its the first time I have seen him post.
                      My OLD Car

Comment

its in the faq
                        I saw that and thought that it was part of the body kit that it's next to. Oh well. I guess I'll search around and see if I can find it. Does this part go clear around the wheel well? I wasn't around during the accident so the part is probably sitting in a ditch somewhere so I can't tell what it looked like.
                        2003 Protege5
                        Midnight Blue MTX
                        2002 Protege LX
                        Black Mica MTX

Comment

Dude that sucks!! Just goes to show you that women can't drive. My sister in law hit a pile of neatly stacked bricks that was on a pallet going to be used for their remodeling of their home. She really messed it up too! I went to get beer with her once and she had to get gas for the car and upon leaving the gas station, pulled right in front of some one and cut them off!!! Luckily the guy was tolerant. If I was the other driver, I would be cursing, ficking the bird, and blasting my horn!!
                          2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                          KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                          Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                          Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                            Dude that sucks!! Just goes to show you that women can't drive. My sister in law hit a pile of neatly stacked bricks that was on a pallet going to be used for their remodeling of their home. She really messed it up too! I went to get beer with her once and she had to get gas for the car and upon leaving the gas station, pulled right in front of some one and cut them off!!! Luckily the guy was tolerant. If I was the other driver, I would be cursing, ficking the bird, and blasting my horn!!
                            Yea listen to this. Im cruisin down my road and this girl in in a red civic is on my ass! I was so pissed. Then I step on it and go the the other lane and she tries to do the same but someone was right in her way and she ALMOST hit the other car. Stupid bitch.
                            My OLD Car

Comment

If you have trouble finding the part you need let me know and Ill look here at the salvages. I posted this in the Buy/Sell section, but I get a discount at the local salvages b/c I work at an auto shop. Anyways just let me know.
                              Yes, I am a female. So please don't call me man.

Comment

Working...
                              X