Half assed improved lighting for EGT?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half assed improved lighting for EGT?!

So i'm just wondering about something. Feel free to poke me in my brain for thinking so far reached or just lazy wtf way you want to look at it. Anywhos. Fog lights. They make projector ones and seem cheap on ebay (under $100, etc.). Will this at all help with lighting? I REALLY want improved vision at night and the HID conversion/retrofit is just NOT gonna happen anytime soon that i wanted to do. Ideas?!

PS: And yes i have some better then OEM bulbs in the fogs now but it still kind of sucks as they create more light BEFORE the already ****ty headlight beam even with better bulbs!

PPS: Please remember i have a STOCK alternator so power isn't exactly something i have plenty of! And no i don't have a "system" to take up even more, etc. so that helps a little i guess!
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

I have Optilux fogs on my car. 55w ones ... see a thread I posted up. Yes it helps, but not for far distances ahead of the car. But it helps in close proximity quite a bit.

Comment

for lowbeam setup that works great without pissing off traffic too much. for highbeams, I'll stick to my 6" 100w offroad lights.
      No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
        I have Optilux fogs on my car. 55w ones ... see a thread I posted up. Yes it helps, but not for far distances ahead of the car. But it helps in close proximity quite a bit.
        Yeah i remember. And i just checked but this part worries me. "yeah they help a lot. Now I just have to figure out how to make the f'ing alternator belt stop squealing when they are on since they are loading it that much more."

PS: H3 bulbs with a model # of 1100?

Originally posted by almightybmw View Post
        for lowbeam setup that works great without pissing off traffic too much. for highbeams, I'll stick to my 6" 100w offroad lights.
        Around here highbeams in general = pissed off people!
        Last edited by Tazman2; 07-30-2007, 08:45 PM.
        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

i use silver stars in my headlights and 65 watt 4 inch rouns driving lights seems to work great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2 View Post
            Yeah i remember. And i just checked but this part worries me. "yeah they help a lot. Now I just have to figure out how to make the f'ing alternator belt stop squealing when they are on since they are loading it that much more."

PS: H3 bulbs with a model # of 1100?

Around here highbeams in general = pissed off people!
            what amperage are you getting out of the alternator.
            maybe its time for an upgrade.
            Next!
            sigpic

Comment

Xenon lighting ???

It's a bit more expensive, but hey : it's worth the money...

Comment

The alternator will be ok Taz as long as you don't run a system ... I just had belt issues.

Comment

Getting new headlights really helped a lot for me.

Comment

Well to sum up most of what was written into one reply. I already have the silverstars since like the 1st week lol. They helped. But still not enough for my blind ass. And yeah i ordered some Hella's for about $122 as i wanted something better especially that can take the heat of a future HID bulb setup sooooooo. BUTTTTT they are on backorder i found out today soooooo grrrrrrrrr

EDIT: New headlights? You mean the actual lights? Did you get them from eghey and if so are they glass or plastic?

Comment

Yeah new actual lights.
                      i got them from some forum dude for like $60 last winter, anyway the new headlights are way way brighter than the old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass View Post
                        Yeah new actual lights.
                        i got them from some forum dude for like $60 last winter, anyway the new headlights are way way brighter than the old ones.
                        Hmm... i was going to get eghey ones but i was always afraid that they would suck and be plastic, etc.

Comment

Hmm... i was going to get eghey ones but i was always afraid that they would suck and be plastic, etc.
                          They are plastic (So are mine) but I doubt they suck. Foglights only help so much though, for me the new headlights were much better than adding 55w fogs (which i still have but rarely use).

Comment

Originally posted by 1967cutlass View Post
                            They are plastic (So are mine) but I doubt they suck. Foglights only help so much though, for me the new headlights were much better than adding 55w fogs (which i still have but rarely use).
                            Hmm... But what kind of 55w fogs are they? In the stock casings or? The ones i want are the projector kind like Lex has which are TONS better then 55w ones in our stock fog lights!

Comment

Hmm... But what kind of 55w fogs are they? In the stock casings or? The ones i want are the projector kind like Lex has which are TONS better then 55w ones in our stock fog lights!
                              My fogs aren't the stock ones but they aren't projectors either, they are just rectangular random ones. You can try the projector kind of you want..

What kind of shape are your current headlights in?

new ones

Comment

Working...
                              X