need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help

i'm looking for some input on an idea i have. since i put the TB 8's i bought for my front doors in a small ported box running off 200 watts, my friend wants me to build him a box with 2 of them. he wants something light weight for daily driving, and something easily removed for drag racing. *if* i work this right, i might make a few sets of the setups i build him and sell them on the forum. the basics of them will be a small ported box, about .6-.8 cu ft tuned to the low 30 hz range running off 300-400 watts rms. he likes the 8's i have now, but if i can get resonant engineering to give me the sale price of $30, i'd consider them too. but the TB's are only $25.25 each if i order 6 or more, half the regular price of the RE's. here's what i've got picked out so far:
    8's for $25
    hifonics merlin for $165
    since i want this to be VERY easy to install, and as plug and play as possible, i want to use LOC's and a trigger circuit to turn on the amp.
    here's the trigger circuit
    using LOC's and the trigger circuit, all that will need to be connected will be the wires to the rear speakers, and the pos and neg wires.
    for the power wires
    the positive wire will be the only part that requires a decent amount of work. course all it will need is to be run up to the battery. and of course all the wiring will be knukonceptz

my distributor now has hifonics, but the merlin is last years model, i think. i need an amp with a subsonic filter, so any other suggestions are more than welcome. i'm trying to keep the cost of the amp under $150, or near it. when all is said and done, i'd like the setup to be under $500 with all material cost and my labor figured in. it'd be a plug and play system that gets plenty loud for normal listeners, and absolutely blows away the basslink and kenwood small setups. i've already had several people ask me if i had a set of 10's or 12's in my car:p: so with a better box design and more power, it'll be a sweet little setup based on the set of 8's getting 375 watts, with the box design i worked out yesterday, it'd be the equivelant of my brahma 10 in a 1 cu ft ported box tuned to 32 hz recieving 500 watts

Xtant 403A ? On sale at sounddomain. http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/XTA403AB
    2k4 Rally White Mazda 3 Hatchback

Sound By CDT , powered by DLS-CA23
    Bass by Elemental Design, powered by HIFONICS

Comment

Originally posted by Pimpprotege69
      Xtant 403A ? On sale at sounddomain. http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/XTA403AB

that's a pretty cool amp, but i'm looking for more of a dedicated sub amp

Comment

This one could get the job done.
        2k4 Rally White Mazda 3 Hatchback

Sound By CDT , powered by DLS-CA23
        Bass by Elemental Design, powered by HIFONICS

Comment

Originally posted by Pimpprotege69
          http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/641
          This one could get the job done.

good find that would definitely get the job done

Comment